Field(s) of expertise
Marketing and Sales
About this job
Roke is a world-class technology and engineering consultancy. Roke delivers advanced research, development services and products to high profile customers who come to Roke with varied and challenging problems to solve.
Roke are currently recruiting for sales/client management professional within their Industry Business Unit, with experience of selling solutions in a professional engineering services business. This is an exciting opportunity to make a big impact in a fast growing part of the Roke business.
You will be selling our portfolio of services into multiple industry sectors including High Value Manufacturing, Transportation, Aerospace, Utilities, Information and Communications, and Healthcare applying Roke’s world leading technologies and capabilities in sensing, machine vision, data science, AI and cyber resilience, to solve complex client problems.
Roke is a highly respected world-class organisation with strong existing clients in the UK private & public sector, and is growing fast. You will take the lead in creating and implementing a sales and partner development strategy to deliver further growth for the Industry business.
- Development, implementation and execution of sales growth strategies through direct and partner sales campaigns
- Identifying, building and effectively managing a number of new & existing key clients to maximise both revenue and customer value
- Managing direct and partner sales/bids/quotes in line with company governance process
- Managing and influencing direct client and partner requirements and expectations
- Manage sales and engineering interactions with partners and clients to resolve technical issues and ensure successful bids
Areas of responsibilities:
- Leading bids and engineering pre-sales teams to generate winning proposals to secure new business
- Achieving/exceeding allocated sales order targets
- Accurate pipeline management, forecasting and budgeting
- Provision of market intelligence to support, feed and actively contribute to the Roke CRM ecosystem
- Contribute to the development and delivery of the Industry business unit strategy
Health, Safety and Environment
Your Health and Safety responsibilities are to act in accordance with Company Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Demonstrable experience in direct sales of technical services, in at least one or more of the following markets: High Value Manufacturing, Rail, Automotive, Aerospace, Utilities, Information and Communications, Healthcare.
- Expert at developing strong client relationships at a senior levels and supporting this with detailed account development strategies and plans
- A good understanding of technology in at least one of the following domains: sensing, machine vision, AI, data science, cyber resilience.
- Entrepreneurial mind-set with a well-rounded knowledge of direct and partner sales strategy and a drive to succeed
- Ability to quickly understand business and market challenges from the clients perspective and provide innovative solutions to these challenges, talking in the client’s language
- Proven ability to quickly and effectively qualify opportunities and convert to orders
- Exceptional verbal and written communications and negotiating skills, including the ability to present to senior management/executives, providing clarity in a complex environment.
- The ability to be effective in both local and remote matrix team leadership for bids/work winning
- Strong analytical skills
- Willingness to travel and on occasion stay away from home