Field(s) of expertise
Marketing and Sales Project and Service Management
About this job
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
This role as a 6 month Public Affairs and Communications Intern based in Westminster London or Virtually with cover politics, government, policy and communications, both internal and external.
The role-holder will assist with the planning and execution of stakeholder engagement activities and provide ad hoc support for long-term reputation-building activities planned by the Boeing’s UK & Ireland Government Affairs and Communications teams, with a focus on public relations and advocacy.
- Research and analysis of the political and governmental landscape
- Political, public and media relations
- Planning and delivering stakeholder events
- Internal and external communications
- Social media, including content creation
Specific policy areas of focus will include:
- Environment and Climate
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Commercial Aviation, UK Aviation Strategy and post-COVID recovery
- Defence, Space and Security
- International Relations, with a focus on trade
- Party Politics
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Current undergraduate of any degree subject considered; politics, humanities or business degrees preferred.
- Must have excellent communications and inter-personal skills as well as strong writing skills, with a high degree of grammatical accuracy.
- Experience in delivering presentations and working in large teams preferred. Must be fluent in English.
- Must demonstrate an ability to work independently and with remote teams, and be able to confidently manage many tasks simultaneously.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Must have strong organizational and time-keeping skills.
- An interest in aerospace, politics, PR, marketing and/or communications is preferred.
- The ideal candidate will have worked in a corporate environment previously, is proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, PowerPoint and Excel, has demonstrated leadership qualities in the university environment (and has experience working with different levels of seniority.
Typical Education & Experience:
Current undergraduate of any degree subject considered; politics, humanities or business degrees preferred.
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.