Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Please submit your application by 10/06/2021 11:59 (Prague time)
The only means of submitting an application for this vacancy is through the EUSPA e-recruitment portal https://www.euspa.europa.eu/about/careers-euspa.
ABOUT THE JOB:
We are looking to recruit a Crypto Authority Officer who will support the Crypto Authority Manager and act as deputy or alternate when required. He/she will also provide support to the functions of Agency Crypto Authority, TEMPEST Authority and (Crypto) Distribution Authority in support to the Agency Security Authority (implemented by the Head of the Security Department).
The jobholder will be entrusted with the following tasks and responsibilities (or relevant subset):
1. COMSEC accounting
- Establish and ensure implementation of a COMSEC centralised accounting in the Agency;
- Provide guidance to crypto custodians and COMSEC officers;
- Contribute to operational decisions in support of the Agency account;
- Review COMSEC Transportation Plans, approve Agency’s internal transfers.
2. Operational tasks
- Provide support in ensuring COMSEC Controlling Authority role;
- Operate the team’s crypto systems.
3. Compliance & incident control
- Audit Agency COMSEC accounts;
- Register and investigate COMSEC incidents.
4. Agency Security Management
- Support the Agency Central Security Office in particular by co-ordinating activities concerning the integration of COMSEC into wider Agency security policy;
- Manage Security projects and budgets assigned by the Agency Security Authority and report organisational management;
- Collect and report operational quality metrics in accordance with ISO9001 processes.
5. Support to the European Union Space Programme components
- Conduct technical reviews and appraisals of the Space Programme Crypto chains in support of authorisation to operate decision by security authority and ensure compliance with operating constraints thereafter;
- Establish a list of tasks, in COMSEC domain, supporting the Information Assurance Operational Authorities of the EU Space Programme components and contribute to implement them in compliance with the provided Crypto Plans.
The selection procedure is open to applicants who satisfy the following eligibility criteria, on the closing date for application:
- A level of education which corresponds to completed university studies of at least three years attested by a diploma
- Be a national of a Member State of the European Union
- Be entitled to his or her full rights as a citizen
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws concerning military service
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved
- Have a thorough knowledge of one of the languages of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another language of the European Union to the extent necessary for the performance of his/her duties
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post
University degree in a relevant field (e.g. engineering, informatics, exact sciences, etc.);
Experience in a security context dealing with classified information, preferably gained in an international environment;
Experience in administration and/or management of COMSEC accounts in accordance with national (or equivalent) security rules;
Excellent command of both written and spoken English;
All eligible applications, according to the afore-mentioned criteria, will be assessed against the requirements listed below solely based on the information provided by the candidates in their application.
The Selection Board responsible for this selection will determine the criteria to be assessed in the various phases of the selection procedure (assessment of the application forms, interview and written test) prior to being granted access to the names of the applicants. All essential criteria will be assessed during the applications evaluation phase.
Non-compliance with any of the essential criteria may result in the exclusion of the candidate from the selection process. Advantageous criteria constitute additional assets and will not result in exclusion, if not fulfilled.
When filling the online application, candidates are expected to clearly include elements that demonstrate that their profile matches the requirements below.
Experience in EU key material handling;
Experience in drafting, amending and/or implementing security policies, processes and procedures;
Knowledge (by training or experience) of Communications Security (Physical Security, Emissions Security, Transmission Security, and Cryptographic Security), including technical knowledge of cryptographic theory and principles;
Experience in Crypto Networks command;
Excellent communication skills;
Curiosity and willingness to develop new competences and skills;
Decision making skills (including in operational environments);
Planning and organisational skills along with a service-oriented approach.