Field(s) of expertise
About this job
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
Manage projects within manufacturing as well as projects outside of manufacturing. Determine how to manufacture parts or products, or deliver services, with maximum efficiency.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering to develop standards for various processes for production and design including forming, machining, composites, trim and drill, processing, painting, etc.
- Track hour’s performance for manufacturing by the various processes and programs. Analyze shop capacities for machinery and calculate percentage loads.
- Participate in the budgeting process, financial reporting process and Continuous Improvement activities.
- Review production schedules, engineering specifications, process flows, and other information to understand methods and activities in manufacturing and services.
- Develop management control systems to make financial planning and cost analysis more efficient.
- Enact quality define control procedures to resolve production problems or minimize costs
- .Design control systems to coordinate activities and production planning to ensure that products meet quality standards.
- Configuration -management personnel about manufacturing capabilities, and staff about the status of projects
- Engage in supply chain management to help the business minimize inventory costs, conduct quality assurance activities to help keep customers satisfied.
- Develop & implement bar charts/learning curves/drive continuous improvement projects.
- Support data analysis.
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for effective performance.
- Perform other duties, tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering or continuous improvement
- 3 years of manufacturing experience, preferably in aerospace
- 1 year of experience using Microsoft Project
- Must have an active Secret Clearance
- Must be a US Citizen. Must comply with ITAR regulations and site SSA requirements.
Additional Experience and Qualifications
- Skills of creativity and ingenuity to design new production processes in many kinds of settings to reduce use of material resources, time, or labor.
- Critical-thinking skills for creation of new systems to solve problems related to waste and inefficiencies. Solving these problems requires logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to the problems.
- Listening skills developed through operating in teams, but they must also solicit feedback from customers, vendors, and production staff. They must listen to customers and clients to fully grasp ideas and problems the first time.
- Math skills with a basic understanding of the principles of calculus, trigonometry, and other advanced topics in mathematics for analysis, design, and troubleshooting in their work.
- Speaking/Presentation skills, candidate may have to explain their instructions to production staff or technicians before they can make written instructions available. May need to explain concepts clearly and quickly to preventing crucial, costly mistakes and loss of time.
- Writing skills, candidate must create documentation for other professionals or for future reference. The documentation must be coherent and explain their thinking clearly so that others can understand the information
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Software: Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook.
- Excellent written, verbal and collaboration skills