Field(s) of expertise
About this job
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
This role has the ability to work remotely within the central and eastern time zones.
GKN Aerospace is reorganizing in order to become more customer-focused and improve operational performance. The global transformation follows years of growth-by-acquisition, and will see it move from four independent internal divisions into a single, fully integrated business. This position will be critical in moving the organization into the new direction by accomplishing the following:
The Regional Cyber Security Officer is responsible for monitoring the IT environment and ensuring adequate controls are implemented and sustained.
The Regional Cyber Security Officer must have a good understanding of complex IT systems and stay up to date with the latest security standards, systems and authentication protocols, as well as best practice security products.
- Required to follow all HSE rules and regulations. Must wear appropriate PPE as required.
- Manage the design and implementation of the organisation’s IT security measures.
- Conducting regular system tests and ensuring continuous monitoring of network security.
- Promptly respond to all security incidents.
- Reviewing current system security measures and recommending and implementing enhancements.
- Developing project timelines for ongoing system upgrades.
- Provide IT security training for Operations Managers and IT colleagues.
- Cultivate a culture of IT Security Awareness.
- Assist with the overall business technology planning, providing a current knowledge and future vision of technology and systems.
- Understand and interact with related disciplines to ensure the consistent application of policies and standards across all technology projects, systems and services
- Directly responsible for the management of Operational Security Team.
- Working as effective member of multi locational team often requiring demonstration of leadership qualities.
- Required for travel nationally, regionally and globally.
- Bachelor’s degree in Cyber Security or Information Systems AND 5 years of Cyber Security experience – OR – in lieu of degree, 5 years of Cyber Security experience AND CISSP Certification.
- 2 years of management experience leading a small team.• Must have the ability to obtain a DOD Secret Clearance.
- Must be a US Citizen. Must comply with ITAR regulations and site SSA requirements.
- GKN Experience
- Experience working within a global team setting
- Experience in a large, complex environment with a primary focus on activities in information security, in a combination with risk management, and IT roles.
- Able to collaboratively develop and then lead the adoption and enforcement of comprehensive information security policies, procedures and standards.
- Broad and current understanding of security risks and controls frameworks
- Knowledge of common information security management frameworks, such as ISO/IEC 27001, and NIST.
- Demonstrable experience of working closely with IT/IS functions to establish pragmatic/optimum security infrastructure solutions to identified risks.
- Proficient in taking complex/technical subject matter and refining/presenting to the business at any level so as to result in understanding and appreciation.