Field(s) of expertise
Cyber Security Information Technology
About this job
As a core team member of the Galileo Service Operator (GSOp), DLR GfR mbH operates and manages the constellation of Galileo satellites from the Galileo Control Center in Oberpfaffenhofen, Germany (GCC-D).As a Cyber L2 Maintenance Engineer, you will be responsible for working on maintenance activities for the Galileo environments, with a particular focus on the GNSS Service Centre in Madrid. You will support and prepare the onset of L2 cybersecurity activities and support and sustain the normal day-to-day L2 tasks.
Within the first four months you will lead the activities for Cybersecurity support, for both L2 and L3:
- Adaptation of L2/L3 maintenance service for Cyber security.
- Providing support to Cybersecurity in the form of updates for integrated maintenance and troubleshooting environments.
In six months you will:
- Actively support L2 service maintenance services at the GSC (GNSS Service Centre)
- Coordinate and monitor the Cyber security tasks for Maintenance
- Patch Management
- Report and escalate security incidents
Good knowledge of and experience with:
- Networks configuration and design
- Systems administration (Linux and windows environment).
- Virtualization technologies such as VMWare
- Web environments: Drupal and WAFWs knowledge
- Solid knowledge of cybersecurity
- Collaboration in the European lighthouse project Galileo
- Trusting and appreciative cooperation in an international environment
- International team spirit
- 30 days annual leave
- Compatibility of career and family life e.g. through flexible working time models in the context of company requirements
- Extra benefits such as awo lifebalance
- A varied personnel development program
- Individual career options (for example through secondments to partner agencies / enterprises abroad)
- Employer-financed retirement plan
- …and much much more