Field(s) of expertise
Aerospace Engineering Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
About this job
GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 50 manufacturing locations in 15 countries, we serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world’s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity:
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
Your role as lean deployment leader:
The Lean Deployment Leader is a Lean Thinker with expertise in Lean Transformation. You will play a central role in developing your assigned area of the Papendrecht site in its deployment of the Lean Excellence Model. You will lead, coach and influence the Leadership in your assigned area, particularly Group Leaders and Team Leaders, ensuring rigour and fidelity to the Lean Excellence Model. You will work together with two other lean deployment leaders.
- Role modelling a culture that is aligned to the GKN Aerospace “Great Place to Work” value drivers and Culture Principles.
- Exemplifying a safety-first mindset and ensuring that the GKN Aerospace Health, Safety and Environmental policies and standards are applied across GKN and that all locations are a model of a world class healthy and safe working environment.
- Driving the disciplined and rigorous deployment of the Lean Operating Model (LOM) across within their Performance Centre.
- Coaching their performance center’s Leadership team in their deployment of the Lean Excellence Model Role Profile.
- Making problems immediately visible, allowing problem solving to take place.
- Delivering significant improvement in People, Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cash and Cost (PSQDCC) targets, meeting their site’s customer and stakeholder commitments, driven by significant improvements in Lean Maturity.
- Developing deep Lean Expertise across their site, ensuring that they become self-sufficient in running the Lean Operating Model, working with the Regional Lean Expert to ensure that all staff are fully certified in Lean Thinking at the appropriate level for their role.
- Complying with all legal and regulatory requirements and ensuring that staff are aware of the policies and their individual responsibilities and accountabilities.
What qualifications do you bring to be succesfull
- BSc degree, or equivalent, in an Engineering or Science discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant business experience.
- An understanding of Lean Thinking and Lean Leadership.
- Fluency in Dutch and English.
- The demonstrated ability to influence at the Group Leader and Team Leader level, as well as the enabling functions.
- Ability to lead, coach and mentor team members. Effective communicator, building effective teams Highly enthusiastic for the change to a Lean Thinking organisation.
- Previous experience in Lean Transformation.
- A Lean Certification from a reputable certifying body or benchmark company.
- Aerospace supply chain experience.
- A passion for the Aerospace industry.
What we offer:
Besides an innovative and international work environment that offers you a good work-life balance , We offer you opportunities to learn and grow, a competitive salary, pension plan, 40 days off and travel allowance (from 10 km single journey) as well.