Field(s) of expertise
Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineering
About this job
Are you looking for a company which invests in your professional but also personal development, check our vacancy and don’t hesitate to apply!
You are eager to develop your mechanical expertise, to transfer knowledge and to further build competency? Do you want to be part of an organization that focuses on state-of-the-art technological innovation, with multidisciplinary teams and where you can see within the same building how your design is produced? Then the position as Lead Engineer Mechanics could be the perfect new step in your career.
As Lead Engineer mechanics, together with a team of approximately 10 (lead) designers and architects, you specify high-tech mechatronic system solutions for the new products and you are responsible for reaching the Optimal functionality and cost effectiveness of the systems.
The main tasks are related to the development process and according to the PGP (Product Generation process), the following phases are recognized:
- Feasibility phase: Study the Customer Requirement Specifications (CRS) and the feasibility of mechanical components
- Definition phase: Provide a description of the system design requirements and specifications
- System design phase: Generating system design concepts and review
- Come up with preconsidered choices, validated with system requirements
- Definition of high-tech modules and related technical interfaces
- To monitor projects within the agreed specifications.
- Take advantage of your helicopter view and creativity to find solutions in case of conflicts
- Detail phase: Lead a team of (lead) designers/architects from about 5 to 10 People
- System verification: Verification of design requirements/chosen concept
- Production Release: Release of Design for production
- Contributing to the system roadmaps
- Participate in the further development of critical mechanical competences needed
- Set priorities within the mechanical team and report regularly to the project leader
- Coaching and training of mechanical engineers
- Giving direction to the Way of Working (a.o. using V-model, PGP process, design reviews, engineering change process)
The Lead Engineer Mechanics reports to the Group lead mechanics.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Mechatronics or Mechanics Engineering.
- A minimum of 5 to 10 years of work experience as a Mechanical Engineer in a high tech environment.
- Experience in drafting design principles, accurate positioning and dynamic behaviour.
- Experience in making a planning of mechanical development, preferably according to the complete V-model.
- Experience in DfX is a pre, as well as making strength calculations in areas of thermal and mechanical design.
- You have experience in working with NX and Team Center.
- You are familiar with Matlab/simulink and/or related development tools.
- Proficient in English, Dutch is an advantage.
- You are a natural leader, you give direction to technical project teams.
- Abstract and out-of-the-box ability to think.
- You are able to communicate clearly and be able to present the choices you made orally.
- You have a clear and structured way of report.
- You have an helicopter view.
- You are able to challenge others, and come up with even better ideas-you are pro-active and enterprising set up.
- A permanent contract for an indefinite period
- Flexible working hours (in consultation)
- Working from home (in consultation)
- Commute allowance
- Pension plan (fully paid by AKKA)
- Training and study options
- Growth opportunities (in the Netherlands and International)
- Network/meetup options
- Team dinners, drinks, parties