Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance
About this job
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a difference in an international Supply Chain organization, are you passionate about strategic sourcing and do you have what it takes to join a technically challenging category, you might be the one we are looking for.
TERMA is a company in growth and rapid development in terms of globalizing and becoming the best in class. For this journey, Global Supply Chain Management (GSCM) is looking for self-driven and curious people to help us achieve just that.
With reference to the Manager in the OEM Sourcing area, you are offered a unique possibility to join our team on the journey towards Sourcing Excellence. You will be part of an exciting journey with the opportunity to put your own mark on TERMA’s future, our GSCM organization, and your own daily responsibilities.
The OEM Sourcing area is responsible for the sourcing of 3rd party equipment that is being directly integrated into TERMA’s own solutions.
As Strategic Purchaser, you will be working as part of a cross-functional team with various stakeholders; Commercial Proposal Managers, Sales, Legal Services, Product and Project Managers in order to ensure that the acquired solutions are in accordance with the specifications and requirements. You will handle the supplier contact and contract negotiation for your projects in close collaboration with your team.
Key tasks include:
- Negotiate and implement procurement agreements to support our cost-out program.
- Develop and implement category management strategy together with your colleagues globally across the company.
- Prepare RFIs and RFQs based on the project requirements.
- Perform follow up and ongoing risk mitigation activities throughout the entire project from an end-to-end perspective.
- Lead a category management team.
- Establish and execute a cost-saving pipeline within the category team.
- Build up spend and data analysis to support the sourcing activities across the value chain.
- Continuously KPI followup and make sure that the department and GSCM remain on target.
- Relevant educational background – e.g. MSc. in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Procurement, or Engineering.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience from a similar job function.
- Proven negotiation and project management skills.
- Knowledge from a production/technology company is an advantage.
- Excellent understanding of the commercial and business processes.
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office – Excel and PowerPoint.
- Fluent in English is a requirement.
- You have a high drive and a positive mindset.
- You are persistent and have a collaborative approach.
- You are analytical and able to think ahead.
- Deliver results both as a team player as well as when working individually with your tasks.
- You are good at communicating with colleagues, a skilled relationship builder, and able to navigate in complex stakeholder landscape.
- You are robust and thrive in a dynamic working environment, you are adaptable to change and good at challenging status quo.