Field(s) of expertise
Software Engineering Information Technology
About this job
The continuously expanding activities of Planetek Hellas have created job opportunity for a new Spatial Data Infrastructure Software Engineer in our team. The new colleague will be involved in the software development activities, working on the design and implementation of Planetek Hellas’ applications and solutions in the field of space research and integrated systems for the management, analysis and sharing of land-related information.
- Design and develop web based spatial data applications
- Assist with the deployment and configuration of the system
- Write technical documentation
- Implement geospatial analysis tools
- Establish appropriate project/task/deliverable reviews and oversight to ensure technical quality, product delivery and impactful work;
- Interact with a variety of stakeholders and partners to ensure projects activities.
- Consistent understanding of GIS and EO concepts;
- Experience working with GIS related libraries for creating web based solutions
- Experience with EO and GIS software server solutions, both open source (such as Map Server, Geo Server) and/or proprietary (such as ESRI Server Solution or HEXAGON Solution);
- Experience working with Relational Database Management System with spatial extension, both open source (such as PostgreSQL/PostGIS , MySQL) and/or proprietary (such as Oracle DB or Microsoft SQL Server);
- Knowledge/Experience with concepts such as Copernicus DIASs, Data Cubes, Big Data and AI, will be considered positively;
- Knowledge of technologies such as .NET, Web API, Docker;
- Expertise in preparing publications, technical reports, and technical offers for participation in tenders;
- Capability to work on your own initiative as well as within a team and to make a contribution into applied techniques and processes;
- Experience in communicating and coordinating effectively with a variety of stakeholders and partners;
- Proficiency in English and Greek.
The ideal profile of the successful candidate is completed by seriousness and reliability, excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, excellent organizational skills, strong ability to work within a team in order to meet specific objectives qualitatively and quantitatively defined, excellent relational and communicative skills, proactivity.