Field(s) of expertise
Information Technology Software Engineering
About this job
HawkEye 360 is a Radio Frequency (RF) data analytics company. We operate the first of its kind commercial satellite constellation to identify, process, and geolocate a broad set of RF signals. We extract value from this unique data through proprietary algorithms, fusing it with other sources to create powerful analytical products that solve hard challenges for our global customers. Our products include maritime domain awareness and spectrum mapping and monitoring designed to serve a wide range of commercial, government and international customers.
HawkEye 360 is currently seeking a UI Developer to join the Analytics Team. The team’s mission is to create state-of-the-art analytics and user interfaces to interpret and display HawkEye 360 data products. Analytics Team members possess of a mix of software development and engineering skillsets, which they employ to design, build, and deploy customer-centric products and interfaces.
The UI developer leads the implementation of a greenfield user experience focused on the visualization, collaboration, and alerting.
We’ll Expect You To…
- Design and develop web applications to exploit HE360 collected data combined with third-party datasets
- Contribute as a member of the Analytics team to support the development of the HE360 geolocation and analytics architecture and implementation
- Collaborate across teams to understand requirements, use cases, and functionality and incorporate this information into the HE360 product implementation
- Evaluate and integrate open-source tools to enhance the HE360 data management, visualization, and fusion capabilities
- Recommend improvements to existing software programs as necessary Develop tests at the unit, component, and system level, forming a continuous integration pipeline that prevents regressions as we continually enhance our software.
- Learn and apply new technologies and solving new problems
You’ll Need to Have…
- Demonstrated experience working in a team developing a modern web-based UX using React, Redux, Typescript, ES6+, and CSS
- Agile Software Development Lifecycle experience
- 3-7 years professional software development or engineering experience
- M.S. or B.S. in Computer Science or related engineering field
- Particularly strong work experience may be deemed equivalent for candidates with alternative degrees
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
We’d Like to See…
- Experience with Mapbox GL and other related geospatial visualization libraries
- Experience with Canvas, WebGL, Node, and API design
- Experience consuming GraphQL API endpoints
- Experience in deploying scalable web applications on AWS
- Experience creating and running integration tests focused on the user interface
- Experience with CSS transition (animation/motion)
- Ability to work in a small and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work well with all levels of company disciplines (i.e. Legal, HR, etc.).
- Sense of humor and ability to proactively problem solve.