Field(s) of expertise
Aerospace Engineering Space Systems Engineering
About this job
We are looking for a Flight Dynamics Operations Engineer to support our customer, the European Space Agency, on their operations centre (ESOC).
The selected engineer will be responsible for the Mission Analysis of the asteroid mission HERA to 65803/Didymos and may also support other Lunar Missions or other tasks in the Flight Dynamics domain.
The main activities of the engineer will be:
- Trajectory Optimisation for interplanetary transfer and the near-asteroid phase
- Navigation and Guidance, including Optical Navigation for Mission Analysis
- Concurrent Design Studies for space missions
- Mission Analysis Tools Development, environmental models, numerical integration techniques, local and global optimisation techniques and algorithms
- Support to project, scientists and industry, participation in reviews
- General Flight Dynamics operations engineering activities
Required Skills and Experience
- University degree in a relevant engineering field, astronomy, mathematics or physics
- Skills to apply their knowledge to develop solutions to technical (mathematical and dynamical) problems in cooperation with customers and other experts
- Ability to define, implement, validate and operate software which applies the above solutions (using e.g. Unix and/or Linux scripting languages, Fortran 77 and/or 95, C++)
- Will to take operational responsibility in multi-discipline teams
- Fluency in English, both in speech and writing
- Coordinate and interact with other service providers in operations and other fields.
- Ability to work independently
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Familiarity with the ESOC environment
- Familiarity/experience with Flight Dynamics operations engineering tasks
- Experience dealing with external interfaces
- Experience with Linux, network services and protocols, and system administration
- The ability to multi-task efficiently; working on multiple activities, multiple subsystems and if applicable multiple missions simultaneously.
Applicants must be EU citizens or have a valid work and residence permit for the above-mentioned work location.