Field(s) of expertise
About this job
We are looking for Software Engineer with a focus on Mission Planning Systems to support our customer EUMETSAT.
The selected engineer will be involved in activities related to integration, verification and maintenance of the Mission Planning / Schedule Execution Components of EUMETSAT’s Ground Segment. The main activities include:
- The maintenance and evolution of the Mission Planning and Schedule Execution Components (for the MTG programme)
- The integration and verification of and Schedule Execution Components (for the MTG programme)
- The provision of Mission Planning & Schedule execution test operations support for the MTG programme.
In particular, related to IV&V activities, the following tasks are foreseen:
- Support to the integration, verification and validation testing of Mission Planning and Schedule execution components
- Support to the review / update of test specifications with respect to Mission Planning and Schedule execution aspects
- Support to the generation and maintenance of test procedures (including their automation) and test datasets for to the Mission Planning and Schedule Execution components
- Support to test campaigns (MPS and Schedule execution test executions, TRRs, PTRs, TRBs, testing for correct implementation, etc.)
- Support to the analysis of test results and the generation / update of the VCD inputs and test report generation
- Support to the anomaly / NCR process (generation, analysis, discussion, participation to ARB meetings, testing for correct implementation, etc.)
- Support to the installation and configuration of new deliveries System Architectural Design
Furthermore, the selected engineer will engage with other more general activities, for example:
- Support to the maintenance and evolution of the system level design of Mission Planning and Schedule Execution components within the scope of the Ground Segment
- Participation to any necessary meetings (technical reviews, scheduling meetings, progress meetings, coordination meetings, workshops, etc)
- Generation and updating of technical documents and knowledge base information All tasks and deliverables shall be performed in accordance with the relevant EUMETSAT working practices, processes, guidelines and tools.
Required Skills and Experience
- University degree, or equivalent, in related disciplines.
- Experience (minimum 5 years) in the definition of software requirements, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of Mission Planning & Schedule Execution Components in the context of space missions
- Experience in performing the scheduling tasks using the Mission Planning System of the Ground Segment for GEO and/or LEO space missions
- Experience in performing schedule execution using a schedule execution component
- Experience (minimum 5 years) in IV&V (integration, verification and validation) activities, preferably for Mission Planning and Schedule Execution Components, following formal engineering processes
- Experience in integration of Mission Planning Systems with Flight Dynamics and Schedule Execution / Mission Control Systems
- Experience in using DOORs for Requirements Management
- Practical experience with the Linux/Unix operating system (user command level)
- Fluency in English both spoken and written
- Working proactively with the minimum of supervision in an individual or team environment.
- Conducting activities in an orderly and disciplined manner, working calmly and correctly under stress.
- Working in teams and sharing expertise and experience with other team members.
- Able to commit to the plan and deliver the expected results on time or to report proactively if any deviations are foreseen.
- Take ownership of problems through to effective resolution.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communications skills and be confident to deal with a wide variety of people.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experience of routine mission planning and schedule execution operations
- Experience in the full cycle of development and maintenance of application software, preferably for Mission Planning and Schedule Execution Components, following formal software engineering processes.
- Experience in designing and developing software applications using Java and / or SQL programming languages for UNIX/Linux operating systems
- Experience in designing and developing software applications using interfaces to relational database management systems (RDBMS) and experience with data model design for RDBMS
- Experience with APEX ® software tool from Scisys
- Experience with ICOL ® (Integrated Common Operation Language) from Scisys
- Experience with MPS ® from Scisys
- Experience in the usage of software CASE design tools (e.g. “Enterprise Architect” and/or “MagicDraw”)
- Experience in using Unified Modelling Language (UML) for software design o Experience in developing software applications interfacing with MariaDB
- MariaDB from administration point of view
- Experience in usage of bash, perl, python and awk scripting languages
- XML processing: schema design, validation, parser libraries, transformation (XSLT) and XPath
- Experience in usage of VCSS (Version Control Software Systems), such as SVN and GIT
- Experience using tools/frameworks for the automation of software testing