Field(s) of expertise
Human Resources and Recruitment
- HR Advisors are the focal point for staff and managers assigned to them in providing individual support and advice with an emphasis on people management and talent development. The role of the HR Advisor includes promoting a positive work environment and the Agency’s HR management practices. HR Advisors play an important role in the ongoing improvement of HR policies and processes.
- HR Advisors advise staff on mobility, career management and the development of skills and competences, they advise and assist with vacancy applications and interview preparation, as well as with personal development initiatives. They also provide support to staff and managers for all aspects of performance management.
- They take the lead in recruitment activities and act as the HR representative in the corresponding recruitment interviews.
- They report to the HR Business Partner responsible for their Directorate. HR Advisors support that Partner’s respective staff planning activities and implementation tasks, as well as change management initiatives. They coordinate their methodologies and activities through an HR Advisors network. They work in close coordination with the other areas of the HR Department, in particular with the local HR manager, HR Support Services (staff administration, recruitment), the Competence and Policy Centre, welfare officers and ESA medical staff.
- Knowledge of and experience in working with and applying HR policies, processes and tools
- Understanding and experience of applicable legal frameworks affecting HR Business (e.g. labour law, social security law,…)
- Experience of the full-cycle recruitment process
- Knowledge of and experience in coaching and mediation techniques
- Relationship Management
- Problem Solving
- Customer Focus
- Results Orientation
Master’s degree preferably with specialisation in HR management and/or personal development.
- You should have professional HR experience with a solid understanding of best practices.
- A significant experience of recruitment in an engineering/scientific/technical environment is necessary.
- Qualifications in coaching or mediation would be an asset.
- This post requires strong interpersonal skills, a high standard of oral and written communication skills, the ability to work in collaboration and partnership with clients, due discretion and sensitivity in dealing with confidential information, as well as the ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment.