Field(s) of expertise
Human Resources and Recruitment
About this job
Head of the Recruitment Support Service, in the HR Support Services Division, Human Resources Department, Directorate of Internal Services.
Reporting to the Head of Division, you will be in charge of recruitment support for all ESA sites. This will involve contributing to the continuous improving, streamlining and optimising of recruitment processes ESA-wide by exploiting the use of IT tools and fostering the most efficient work organisation.
The Service supports the recruitment activities conducted by the HR Business Partners and HR Advisors; it interfaces with external candidates, ESA staff and recruiting managers. This involves:
- preparing and publishing Job Requisitions
- pre-screening applications •providing external services (video interviews, competence assessments) to facilitate the selection process
- organising interviews, interfacing with candidates, recruiting managers and HR Business Partners
- following up interviews until the selected candidate is approved
- security, references and degree checking for selected external candidates
- onboarding activities for newcomers and staff transferring from other ESA sites
You will be expected to contribute actively to defining and implementing Key Performance Indicators for core operations processes and to prepare various reports related to recruitment.
This will require setting up effective interfaces and work relations with the HR Business Partners and HR Advisors assigned to the various business units, the Staff Administration Service and the HR Competence & Policy Centre.
- State-of-the-art knowledge in area of responsibility at required level
- IT skills regarding the operation and evolution of our HR solution SAP Success Factors
- Understanding of the Agency’s rules and regulations and HR specific processes and procedures
- HR data analysis and reporting
- Developing & motivating people
- Fostering cooperation & effective team-working
- Problem Solving
- Customer Focus
- Cross-Cultural Sensitivity
You should have a Master’s degree.
- Knowledge of lean management and people management experience are assets.
- You will commit to observing total discretion in discharging these duties.
- Knowledge of lean management is an asset.
In addition, you should have:
- the potential to manage individuals or a team
- the ability to organise your activities and ensure a motivating work environment
- strong leadership capabilities, with proven relationship management and communication skills
- the ability to drive your team’s performance, developing their people by encouraging learning, delegating responsibility and giving regular and constructive feedback
- strong problem-solving skills to deal with day-to-day operational challenges, together with demonstrated planning and organisational skills
- a strong results orientation with the ability to set priorities and present practical solutions both orally and in writing
- the ability to manage challenging situations proactively and constructively and to be customer focused
Previous people management experience is an asset for the position, as is international experience, i.e. outside the your home country, as well as experience in diverse functional areas relevant to the activities of ESA.