Field(s) of expertise
Space Systems Engineering
About this job
We are looking to expand our team supporting our customer ESOC with an additional Spacecraft Operations Engineer for the OPS-SAT mission.
OPS-SAT, a CubeSat launched in December 2019, aims at testing and validating new techniques in mission control and on-board systems. OPS-SAT provides an in-orbit test-bed environment for the deployment of different experiments to test new protocols, new algorithms, and new techniques.
The primary areas of responsibility for the selected engineer will be Mission Planning and automation of procedures. However you may be asked to perform activities for additional subsystems or systems within the scope of spacecraft operations engineering, including test, validation and operation of the Mission Control System and Simulator.
The selected engineer will support the operation as well as the further development of the systems. OPS-SAT procedures are written in C and the Mission Planning and automation (using MATIS) are in Python and Linux.
The general activities will involve:
- Preparation and updating of Flight Control and Contingency Procedures
- Execution of the operations (usually automated)
- Mission Planning Support Service including maintaining/evolving the Mission Planning Software
- On-Board Software Maintenance Support Service
- Coordinating with experimenters and testing experiments with the Flatsats
- General Flight Control Support Service including Automation using MATIS
- Spacecraft Performance Analysis
Required Skills and Experience
- University degree or equivalent education in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or Telecommunications Engineering.
- Experience in activities applicable to spacecraft operations
- Experience with computer programming (e.g. VBA, python, C, Linux skills)
- Ability to work independently
- Fluency in English, both speech and writing
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Familiarity with satellite control systems, in particular SCOS-2000
- Familiarity with procedure writing and testing
- Familiarity with MATIS