Field(s) of expertise
About this job
At Rocket Lab, we believe the future will be defined and enabled by access to space. As a world leader in launch and space systems, we’re making the future a reality and enabling the ideas of tomorrow to reach orbit today. We’re unlocking the potential of space and ushering in a new era of opportunity and exploration for the benefit of humankind.
This is a rare opportunity to join the team as we transition to a state-of-the-art new test facility where you’ll have access to the best equipment and learn from industry-leading engineers.
As a Test Engineer in the Propulsion Test Team at Rocket Lab you will be responsible for contributing to test operations and development engineering work on the propulsion tests systems. You need to be able to perform independent engineering as allocated with the possibility of product ownership as a responsible engineer. Risk, cost or quality-based decisions are escalated or reviewed as part of the workflow from the judgement of the engineer in this position.
We are looking for an individual who is experienced working in one or more of the following areas:
- Structural static and/or non-linear analysis
- Modal and/or frequency domain analysis
- Computational fluid dynamics analysis
- Heat transfer or thermal analysis
- Sensors and instrumentation
- A mechanical or mechatronics engineering degree or equivalent qualification
- 2+ years hands on testing experience within in a similar industry
- A proven track record of contributing a successful engineering project from conception to operation
- A solid mechanical and electrical understanding and able to demonstrate good hands skills with mechanical and electrical assemblies
- Proactive, enthusiastic, creative and open to learning
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well within a team environment
- Heavy emphasis on achievement and details – getting things done efficiently, effectively and to the highest quality standards
- The ability to take a flexible approach and to adapt to change quickly
- Have tenacity, a can do attitude and the ability to think quickly and make accurate judgement.
- University rocketry or FSAE experience