Field(s) of expertise
Information Technology Procurement and Legal
About this job
Momentus is providing in-space transportation services by building spacecraft that carry satellites and hosted payloads between orbits in space. Our spacecraft are propelled by a new type of electric propulsion system (microwave electrothermal) which uses water as a propellant. Momentus is the first to demonstrate this type of thruster in space.
We are seeking a creative, hard-working, and very intelligent Innovation and IP Strategist to assist in defining and implementing our IP strategy. A successful candidate has demonstrated success in science/technology with a strong track record of professional journal and conference publications.
- Work closely with research and technical staff to document and identify new discoveries and inventions and formulate how they can best be protected
- Formulate Momentus’ IP strategy that supports the company’s technical roadmap
- Understand emerging and existing technology relevant to the company’s technical roadmap and identify potential IP opportunities
- Work closely with legal counsel in the preparation, submission, and prosecution of patent applications
- Formulate strategies to organize and manage Momentus’ IP portfolio
- Assist the technical team in the preparation of conference and professional journal publications
- A graduate degree (MS or PhD) in aerospace, physics, or other engineering discipline
- Truly outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Must have a passion for communicating ideas clearly and precisely
- Strong programming and data analysis/presentation abilities. Proficiency with python possibly latex a plus
- A good understanding of the patent process and requirements