ESA is looking for a Contracts Officer.
• Preparing requests for offers/invitations to tender;
• Participating in the evaluation of offers and tenders;
• Preparing and negotiating the resulting contracts;
• Monitoring the execution and performance of the contracts;
• Dealing with administrative, contractual, legal and industrial problems arising from the procurement concerned, involving regular and direct interaction with industry;
• Maintaining close liaison with and providing value added support to your assigned initiating services, who are technically responsible for their projects and advising them in all procurement-related matters.
• Experience of contract matters gained either in industry or public administration;
• Understanding of ESA’s legal environment, convention, rules, procurement regulations and policies;
• Knowledge of the European and international space sector (institutional, commercial and/or industrial);
• Cost structures and financial processes;
• The ability to engage with senior stakeholders;
• Understanding of the European launchers policy and industrial chain is an asset;
• Ability to understand and formulate contractual/legal texts in both French and English is an asset;
• Professional experience with the laws and regulations applicable to public procurement in the jurisdiction of at least one ESA Member State.
A Master’s degree in law is required. Additional degrees in economics/finance/business is an asset.
For a complete job description and to apply, click on “apply”.
If you require support with your application due to a disability, please email email@example.com.
Please note that applications are only considered from nationals of one of the following States: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and Canada and Slovenia.
The European Space Agency (ESA) is an equal opportunities employer that offers competitive salaries exempt from national income tax and excellent employment conditions, such as allowances for expatriates and relocation support.
For more information: http://www.esa.int/About_Us/Careers_at_ESA
The European Space Agency (ESA) is Europe’s gateway to space. Its mission is to shape the development of Europe’s space capability and ensure that investment in space continues to deliver benefits to the citizens of Europe and the world. ESA is an international organisation with 22 Member States. By coordinating the financial and intellectual resources of its members, it can undertake programmes and activities far beyond the scope of any single European country.
Learn more: http://www.esa.int/