ESA is looking for an Administrator.
Reporting to the Head of the EU Policy Office, in the External Relations Department, the postholder will assist him in carrying out his duties. The postholder will in particular:
• Monitor, in coordination with the Brussels Office, EU activities in relation to space, and EU Member States involvement therein;
• Produce analysis of EU development, policies, regulations, in relations to the space sector, the space economy, and sectorial policies where space can provide a contribution, in particular in the area of safety and security;
• Contribute to the formulation of an ESA strategy and policies regarding its relationship and cooperation with the EU, ESA involvement in EU Programmes, and the further evolution of this relationship;
• Support a coherent and consistent implementation throughout the Agency of ESA policies with regard to the EU;
• Support Programme Directorates in the establishment and development of their cooperation with the EU, its institutions and agencies;
• Support negotiations for agreements with the EU, its institutions and agencies;
• Represent where requested the Agency towards the EU, its institutions and agencies, and other forums in relation to EU affairs.
• Knowledge of the ESA institutional framework, policies and programmes;
• Knowledge of the law, politics and institutions of the European Union;
• Knowledge of the multi-level governance of the European space sector;
• At least five years’ experience in working on EU affairs both at policy and operational levels i.e. in liaising with experts in technical domains;
• Experience in conducting research on European Union law, politics and policies, with good knowledge of EU’s sectorial and space policies, and a proven ability to formulate assessments and policy recommendations;
• Good knowledge of relations between the EU and ESA, with respect to their institutional framework;
• Proven experience working in interdisciplinary teams;
• Proven ability to conduct qualitative and quantitative research autonomously, with record of academic achievement (i.e. awards, research/publication record).
Applicants for this post should have a PhD or equivalent qualification in social sciences with a focus on international relations and EU affairs.
For a complete job description and to apply, click on “apply”.
If you require support with your application due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that applications are only considered from nationals of one of the following States: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and Canada and Slovenia.
The European Space Agency (ESA) is an equal opportunities employer that offers competitive salaries exempt from national income tax and excellent employment conditions, such as allowances for expatriates and relocation support.
For more information: http://www.esa.int/About_Us/Careers_at_ESA
The European Space Agency (ESA) is Europe’s gateway to space. Its mission is to shape the development of Europe’s space capability and ensure that investment in space continues to deliver benefits to the citizens of Europe and the world. ESA is an international organisation with 22 Member States. By coordinating the financial and intellectual resources of its members, it can undertake programmes and activities far beyond the scope of any single European country.
Learn more: http://www.esa.int/