Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance
About this job
Open Cosmos are revolutionising space technology and opening up the cosmos to everyone. Our simple, affordable satellite missions give organisations the chance to use space technology as a tool to get your ideas into orbit. Our mission is to make the leaps in space that become the leaps on Earth.
Compiled of 50+ people from over 15 nationalities, we have a culturally diverse workforce full of Engineers, Software Developers, Business developers and Mission Managers! Beyond the office, we have bakers, long distance runners, climbers, rowers, golfers and mixed martial artists!
By making space data more accessible and affordable, we want to be the platform that allows applicable solutions to be the prevention, not the cure. When tragedy strikes, Earth Observation satellites can be used to detect where resources would be most effective and map out the scale of damage to help decision makers rebuild.
The successful candidate will be joining the Open Cosmos Programmes team in Harwell-Oxford (UK). She/He will be reporting to the Head of Bids & Strategic Partnerships and will be responsible for the management of bids and relationships needed to develop future space missions.
- Support the identification of funding opportunities
- Lead and define proposals for commercial and institutional space missions and R&D projects. That includes:
- Translating customer needs into space mission requirements
- Iterating with customers on the technical drivers of their needs and requirements
- Defining a space mission architecture: space, ground, launch segment, and regulatory segment, preliminary system engineering budgets. In the case of the space segment, identify the payload type and associated partner
- Leading, coordinate and write full proposals with support from the technical, supply chain and commercial teams: technical definition, cost definition
- Build consortia with our supply chain and partners to address each opportunity
- Support the development of tools and database to automatise the bid process
Skills, attitude and experience
- Basic knowledge of either EO or Telecommunication payloads
- Engineering background in space
- Proven experience in space mission analysis
- Strong experience in excel
- Ability to communicate to technical and non-technical audience
- Ability to tackle commercial, technical and programmatic constraints
- Autonomous and challenge-driven
- Proactive and resourceful
- Strongly motivated and ability to communicate it
Nice to have
- Coding skills in Java script, VBA, Matlab
- Mission analysis through STK, Savoir or other tools
- Satellite design
- Project management
- Bid management
- Negotiation with customers