ESA is looking for a Head of the Space Transportation Policy and Communication Office.
• Supporting the definition and review of strategy for the European space transportation sector, which also drives system studies and roadmaps, including the governance of the development and exploitation of space transportation in Europe;
• Supporting ESA decision-making related to space transportation matters and the ESA decision-making body in charge of space transportation matters, including in terms of planning of decision milestones;
• Drawing up programmatic requirements and ensuring coherence in the drafting of Programme Proposals, Declarations, Implementing Rules and Agreements;
• Coordinating the Directorate’s relations with Member States and non-member States and supporting related negotiations;
• Assessing the socio-economic value and life cycle of ESA’s space transportation activities as well as the evolution of the worldwide space transportation market and providing regular analysis;
• Providing the Directorate’s contributions to corporate action plans;
• Leading and conducting STS communication across programmes and activities and sites, including the communication part of the CSG contract, regularly updating the rolling communication plan for the external communication of the Directorate and fostering outreach of ESA space transportation activities;
• Taking responsibility for delivering team results, providing direction, including the planning and distribution of team members’ activities and delegating responsibility;
• Assessing individual performance against objectives and providing continuous constructive feedback;
• Creating a motivating work environment and promoting a good team spirit.
• Knowledge of technical space transportation aspects;
• Understanding of the space transportation market;
• Capacity to perform economic analysis and identify future business trends and drivers;
• Strong analytical and reporting skills;
• Knowledge of the ESA institutional framework;
• Strong problem-solving skills to deal with day-to-day operational challenges, together with demonstrated planning and organisational skills;
• Strong leadership capabilities, with proven relationship management and communication skills;
• Previous people management experience is an asset for the position, as is international experience, i.e. outside the candidate’s home country, as well as experience in diverse functional areas relevant to the activities of ESA.
You should have a Master’s degree in a relevant discipline.
For a complete job description and to apply, click on “apply”.
If you require support with your application due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that applications are only considered from nationals of one of the following States: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and Canada and Slovenia.
The European Space Agency (ESA) is an equal opportunities employer that offers competitive salaries exempt from national income tax and excellent employment conditions, such as allowances for expatriates and relocation support.
For more information: http://www.esa.int/About_Us/Careers_at_ESA
The European Space Agency (ESA) is Europe’s gateway to space. Its mission is to shape the development of Europe’s space capability and ensure that investment in space continues to deliver benefits to the citizens of Europe and the world. ESA is an international organisation with 22 Member States. By coordinating the financial and intellectual resources of its members, it can undertake programmes and activities far beyond the scope of any single European country.
Learn more: http://www.esa.int/