ESA is looking for a ervice Manager for Mission Operations Ground Segment Infrastructure.
• Specification of the requirements in close cooperation with customers as well as contribution to the creation of the related investment roadmap;
• Ensuring the provision of OCC and Missions Operations IT services in support of routine and critical mission operations including launch preparation services and provision of day-to-day interface to the customers/missions;
• Ensuring maintenance, sustaining and evolution of the OCC and MOI-IT services and related facilities;
• For OCC and MOI-IT related projects, preparing and managing corresponding procurement activities with industry and act as Project Manager;
• Steering of and/or participation to working groups and governance bodies related to the evolution of the infrastructure and provided services;
• Managing as Technical Officer service contracts (engineering, maintenance and operations) as required by assigned roles, ensuring service delivery in accordance with agreed Service Level Agreements;
• Ensuring compliance of the operations and services with the applicable security policies.
• Ensuring compliance of all IT activities (procurement, developments, operations, service provision) with the Agency IT governance;
• Closely interface with all flight operations teams and missions managers at ESOC, with the representatives of the OPS engineering and innovation departments as well as with internal service providers in the field of site services, OCC services and IT services.
• IT service and operations management;
• Experience in managing complex IT related projects;
• Cloud computing architectures and delivery models;
• IT technology awareness;
• Service automation;
• Information technology security;
• Several years’ professional experience in specifying, designing, or managing IT services in one or more of the domains (Cloud Services/Virtualisation, Storage/Backup services, Service automation, Service Management, Networks) with customer accountability for performance and satisfaction are required;
• Knowledge and experience of set-up, implementation and management of ITIL frameworks, performance management systems based on service level agreements, Business Continuity programmes, in both insourced and outsourced environments, are an asset.
You should have a Master’s degree in a relevant IT discipline. Certifications in ITIL (Expert Level) and/or in IT security would be an asset.
For a complete job description and to apply, click on “apply”.
If you require support with your application due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that applications are only considered from nationals of one of the following States: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and Canada and Slovenia.
The European Space Agency (ESA) is an equal opportunities employer that offers competitive salaries exempt from national income tax and excellent employment conditions, such as allowances for expatriates and relocation support.
For more information: http://www.esa.int/About_Us/Careers_at_ESA
The European Space Agency (ESA) is Europe’s gateway to space. Its mission is to shape the development of Europe’s space capability and ensure that investment in space continues to deliver benefits to the citizens of Europe and the world. ESA is an international organisation with 22 Member States. By coordinating the financial and intellectual resources of its members, it can undertake programmes and activities far beyond the scope of any single European country.
Learn more: http://www.esa.int/