ESA is looking for a Security Advisor.
• Providing support to H/ESO on all security-related matters, as required;
• Coordinating ESO security management matters related to the ESEC site in synergy with the Corporate Security and Cyber Resilience Manager;
• Supporting H/ESO in further developing the ESA Cyber Security Operations Centre (C-SOC) and the Security Cyber Centre of Excellence (SCCOE) in coordination with the Corporate Security and Cyber Resilience Manager;
• Managing the promotion and optimisation of the use of the ESEC Cyber Range as part of the ESO Security Awareness Programme, as well as with potential external clients, in coordination with the service provider and the Information Protection and Cyber Resilience Manager;
• Promoting the international relationship to develop an Agency cyber resilience capability with the European Union and the main international stakeholders;
• Promoting the establishment of partnerships with third parties and related implementing cooperative frameworks in relation to ESA’s cyber resilience capabilities, in synchronisation with the ESO Strategy Manager;
• Advising H/ESO in the development of security-related cooperation strategies and definition of joint objectives with ESA Member States, the EU or other third-party security actors, as requested;
• Conducting, at H/ESO’s request, investigations into any breach of security and/or compromise of classified information which, on prima facie evidence, has occurred at ESA;
• Representing the ESA Security Office on relevant boards, panels, WGs and bodies, or international fora, as decided by the H/ESO;
• Supporting the preparation of ESA Security Committee meetings, as required;
• Supporting the Head of ESEC in all security-related matters.
• Knowledge of the ESA institutional framework, policies and programmes (Technology, Science, Launchers, Human Space and/or Applications);
• Knowledge of the European and international space sector (institutional, commercial and/or industrial);
• Experience of EU/ESA Member States’ security processes;
• Security engineering, especially security monitoring;
• Proven experience in the area of security;
• A general understanding of ESA’s security policy and security framework;
• In-depth experience of EU and national institutions’ security policy;
• Solid communication skills, and the ability to interface and network with people at all levels;
• Previous international experience, i.e. outside the candidate’s home country, as well as experience in diverse functional areas relevant to ESA’s activities;
• Being eligible for Personnel Security Clearance.
Master’s degree in engineering or international security.
For a complete job description and to apply, click on “apply”.
If you require support with your application due to a disability, please email email@example.com.
Please note that applications are only considered from nationals of one of the following States: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and Canada, Latvia and Slovenia.
The European Space Agency (ESA) is an equal opportunities employer that offers competitive salaries exempt from national income tax and excellent employment conditions, such as allowances for expatriates and relocation support.
For more information: http://www.esa.int/About_Us/Careers_at_ESA
The European Space Agency (ESA) is Europe’s gateway to space. Its mission is to shape the development of Europe’s space capability and ensure that investment in space continues to deliver benefits to the citizens of Europe and the world. ESA is an international organisation with 22 Member States. By coordinating the financial and intellectual resources of its members, it can undertake programmes and activities far beyond the scope of any single European country.
Learn more: http://www.esa.int/