ESA is looking for an IT Finance Application Portfolio Manager.
• Supporting customer representatives in the definition of business needs and requirements;
• Translating and consolidating those requirements into technical specifications;
• Planning and implementing agreed IT solutions, throughout the project life cycle, from preparation to closure, including analysis, design, development (i.e. instantiation, composition and customisation of tools), testing and hand-over to operations and managing all related procurements and contracts;
• Organising and leading project teams and managing supplier performance;
• Monitoring and controlling project scope, cost, schedule, quality, issues and risk, taking appropriate action on any deviations and ensuring compliance with QMS procedures and adopted project methodology;
• Regular and comprehensive status and progress reporting to the Head of Section and governance hierarchy, prioritising critical topics as required;
• Providing expert support to business counterparts, identifying areas for improvement in • • Business processes, providing possible solutions compliant with the IT strategy;
monitoring the evolution of portfolio-related solutions available on the market and providing advice;
• Performing any other activities deemed appropriate to cope with emerging needs within the Department;
• Business change managers in identifying potential change management issues and devising appropriate solutions;
• Definition of roadmaps, including high-level needs analysis, solution evaluation and preparation of business cases related to proposed solutions;
• Support of the solution architect by aligning evolving solutions with the overall Corporate Information System architecture, regarding any change within the related portfolio involving major or minor enhancements;
• Support the Department’s internal cost planning by preparing and ensuring accurate planning and forecasting.
• SAP knowledge, mainly financial modules (FI-modules);
• Knowledge of SAP industry solution for public sector;
• Delivery of complex projects within cost and schedule;
• Solid work experience in the disciplines related to the tasks under consideration;
• Knowledge of integration between SAP SRM and finance with experience of SAP finance solutions (SAP S4/HANA included) are essential; project management certification would be an asset;
• At least fifteen years’ proven experience in the design, build and deployment of SAP Finance systems;
• Proven experience of processes and systems integration;
• Proven experience of at least one successful live SAP S/4HANA conversion finance system;
• Extensive knowledge of cost accounting, budgeting and planning processes;
• Excellent presentation and negotiating skills are required together with the ability to work effectively in a diverse team environment;
• Experience of working in a multicultural public-sector environment.
You should have a Master’s degree in IT engineering or in a relevant business area.
For a complete job description and to apply, click on “apply”.
If you require support with your application due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that applications are only considered from nationals of one of the following States: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and Canada and Slovenia.
The European Space Agency (ESA) is an equal opportunities employer that offers competitive salaries exempt from national income tax and excellent employment conditions, such as allowances for expatriates and relocation support.
For more information: http://www.esa.int/About_Us/Careers_at_ESA
The European Space Agency (ESA) is Europe’s gateway to space. Its mission is to shape the development of Europe’s space capability and ensure that investment in space continues to deliver benefits to the citizens of Europe and the world. ESA is an international organisation with 22 Member States. By coordinating the financial and intellectual resources of its members, it can undertake programmes and activities far beyond the scope of any single European country.
Learn more: http://www.esa.int/