ESA is looking for an Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Site Manager.
• Interfacing with local stakeholders to understand their business needs, identifying opportunities for service improvements and supporting the customer acceptance process liaising with the entities responsible for IT operations;
• Supporting the definition of local customer requirements and establishing the appropriate agreements in conjunction with the IT Service Managers where applicable;
• Responding to customer queries and complaints, escalating when necessary, ensuring that corrective actions are implemented and acting as an escalation point for issues or problems raised by the end users;
• Planning and monitoring local service delivery, and management of the related local work packages for corporate contracts that fall under the responsibility of the End-User Service Division;
• Monitoring and managing the performance of the IT Local Support service (management of incidents, managing priorities, problems, changes, releases, configurations, assets, etc.), ensuring it complies with agreed SLA provisions and take mitigation actions in case of non-fulfilment of agreements;
• Ensuring correct implementation of the asset management process related to all esait-managed end user devices procured by ESA (hardware refresh plan definition/execution, stock management, stock areas and asset inspection, etc.); and supervise the local delivery of the service catalogue items;
• Interfacing with the Department’s IT Service Managers providing support for local matters (hardware refresh, deployment of new services, Datacentre activities, etc.) in order to ensure integrated management and service delivery functions across the IT Department;
• Supporting the Corporate IT Service Managers with the service delivery for contracts under the responsibility of the IT Department;
• Supporting the integration of IT services into a coherent end-to-end service management process, ensuring continual improvement and handling service-related exceptions and escalations;
• Providing cross-departmental support for piloting and promoting service introduction and transfer into operation of new and changed products and services by facilitating training activities and the organisation of User Group meetings;
• Reporting progress and status of local activities to the Section Head;
• Liaising with the other ESTEC Site Manager on day to day operational activities;
• Ensuring that ESA and departmental policies, standards and guidelines are implemented locally;
• Providing input to the strategic planning process, investment plans, annual work planning processes and to related budget preparation/revision exercises.
• A minimum of ten years in-depth experience in the areas of customer interface management and service delivery;
• Solid and documented practice in the preparation, negotiation and implementation of industrial procurements;
• Business continuity management;
• IT service and operations management;
• IT business process design;
• Knowledge of corporate information systems;
• Knowledge of ESA corporate IT services;
• A sound knowledge of ESA’s procurement process and rules would be an asset.
A Master’s degree in information technology is required.
For a complete job description and to apply, click on “apply”.
If you require support with your application due to a disability, please email email@example.com.
Please note that applications are only considered from nationals of one of the following States: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and Canada, Latvia and Slovenia.
The European Space Agency (ESA) is an equal opportunities employer that offers competitive salaries exempt from national income tax and excellent employment conditions, such as allowances for expatriates and relocation support.
For more information: http://www.esa.int/About_Us/Careers_at_ESA
The European Space Agency (ESA) is Europe’s gateway to space. Its mission is to shape the development of Europe’s space capability and ensure that investment in space continues to deliver benefits to the citizens of Europe and the world. ESA is an international organisation with 22 Member States. By coordinating the financial and intellectual resources of its members, it can undertake programmes and activities far beyond the scope of any single European country.
Learn more: http://www.esa.int/