Field(s) of expertise
About this job
As part of the DISC delivery team you will be working with a small team of engineers, project managers and business strategists to develop the future infrastructure for Westcott Space Park. The role will include working with industrial stakeholders, identifying requirements, liaising with suppliers, and developing the plan for the procurement, delivery, and commissioning of equipment to support drone, 5G and rocket propulsion.
This role is a 3 Month Fixed Term Contract.
The overall objective of our team is to develop new capabilities for the UK space industry, to accelerate rocket propulsion, drone technologies, 5G connectivity and other sectors influenced by disruptive innovation, whilst driving impact by stimulating collaboration and investment in industrial research for future satellite services.
- Engagement with stake holders at Westcott and across wider industry to identify technical needs to grow the industry and empower innovation
- Selection and identification of technology and equipment needed to deliver identified requirements
- Provide recommendations to shortlist requirements – obtaining authorisation to proceed with capability procurement
- Specification generation to include OPEX costs and services for equipment
- Working with the procurement team to order equipment and manage timelines
- Coordinate installation and infrastructure requirements
- Risk identification and management of issues as they arise
- Development of business models for exploitation of equipment and services
- Liaising with teams across the Catapult to facilitate the above
- Capture technical specifications relating to equipment & work with Marketing to ensure we can clearly advertise capabilities
- Work with Catapult DISC team and Westcott teams to ensure capabilities are known and captured correctly
- Creating new opportunities and innovating where opportunity presents
- We are seeking engineers with experience of working with the space industry and other similar sectors.
- The role will need a good technical understanding of a breadth of different capabilities including but limited to drones, rocket propulsion, spacecraft, and testing.
- The role will require a good understanding of system engineering, manufacturing processes, testing and assembly approaches.
- A MSc/MEng in a relevant area and 1-2 years industrial experience
- Tangible factual experience required