Field(s) of expertise
Project and Service Management Information Technology Logistics and Maintenance
About this job
We are a professional services and technology partner to global, defence, energy, space and intelligence & communications programmes. Because of our forward-thinking teams, mission-critical equipment operates effectively in the world’s most challenging environments. Whether sharing innovative solutions or manufacturing advanced systems, absolute trust is core to all we do.
As a Scheduler Consultant for TP Group, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining a robust schedule as part of the Performance Measurement Baseline utilising the appropriate software tools to meet the customers’ requirements. Provide scheduling SME input to a customer, as required, which will include creating, developing and maintaining quality multi-level and integrated schedules in a Project Server environment that can be used for robust EVM reporting.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead the planning process with relevant stakeholders to schedule different scopes of work at the appropriate level for the customers’ requirements.
- Assist in developing Basis of Estimates to inform resource allocation within the schedule and input/load the approved resource requirement (both labour and capital cost) into the schedule.
- Work collaboratively with Cost and Risk Managers to ensure schedule data is aligned to other project controls disciplines to provide an integrated approach to project controls management.
- In accordance with customer drumbeats, obtain routine schedule updates from appropriate schedule activity owners implement approved changes into the schedule and WBS.
- Apply the updates to the schedule to demonstrate the correct level of progress (in accordance with the rules of credit) to ultimately provide accurate EVM data to the PCM.
- Assist developing and implement work package/control account rules of credit into the scheduling tool for the purposes of EVM.
- Demonstrate recent experience of risk management in a JFC, FLC, MOD, DE&S and Defence Digital (formerly ISS) and OGDs context.
- Fully comprehensive knowledge and experience of planning and scheduling for projects in a highly regulated environment.
- Fully comprehensive knowledge of planning and reporting tools (for example. EPM2010, P6, BI Analytics etc.).
- Skilled in designing schedules to allow effective roll-up to higher levels with reporting of key milestones and critical path analysis.
- Adequate IT skills covering all Microsoft Office tools.
Preferred but not essential:
- A Technical, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or Business degree.
- Association of Project Management (APM) Project Fundamentals qualification (PFQ) or equivalent.
- Experience of scheduling for highly regulated/complex programmes delivering mission, business and safety critical solutions.
- Candidates must have an existing right to live and work in the UK.
- Candidates will need to undergo an internal BPSS check prior to gaining site access.
- Candidates will also need to either hold a current SC clearance or be willing and eligible to undergo a Security Clearance check (SC level) upon starting their employment with the company. To gain SC clearance you will normally need at least 5 years’ UK residency.