ESA is looking for a Corporate Controller.
• Assessing in-year and multi-year resource plans (including cost, cash, income, workforce/workload, procurement, schedule) and related risks and analysing deviations from planning;
• Determining with Directorates measures to correct deviations from planning;
• Analysing the pace of implementation of programmes in support of defining financial programmatic corridors and targets for activity domains;
• Providing inputs for periodic reporting to the DG/Directors’ Committee and to Member States on the overall planning status and achievements of ESA programmes and activities;
• Supporting the definition and development of an Agency-wide corporate planning tool and the enhancement of related processes aimed at establishing a common single ESA data set;
• Participating in the planning of contributors’ financial obligations (including preparation of ESA budgets) and providing support for bilateral discussions with Member States;
• Proposing cost-effective solutions for continuous improvement of reporting capabilities in support of controlling activities;
• Contributing to other planning, monitoring, reporting and controlling tasks as requested by management.
• Previous professional experience as a controller of a project or programme preferably at agency or industry level. Experience in another function in finance, controlling and auditing will be considered a key asset;
• Cost and financial regulatory framework, including accounting standards and auditing;
• Resource planning, monitoring and control processes and techniques;
• Project cost, schedule and risk management;
• Consolidation of management reports;
• Expert knowledge of a SAP based ERP systems and related queries;
• Knowledge of automated planning and project control tools;
• In-depth knowledge of Microsoft office, particularly Excel.
Master’s degree in engineering, business administration or a related discipline.
For a complete job description and to apply, click on “apply”.
If you require support with your application due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that applications are only considered from nationals of one of the following States: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and Canada, Latvia and Slovenia.
The European Space Agency (ESA) is an equal opportunities employer that offers competitive salaries exempt from national income tax and excellent employment conditions, such as allowances for expatriates and relocation support.
For more information: http://www.esa.int/About_Us/Careers_at_ESA
The European Space Agency (ESA) is Europe’s gateway to space. Its mission is to shape the development of Europe’s space capability and ensure that investment in space continues to deliver benefits to the citizens of Europe and the world. ESA is an international organisation with 22 Member States. By coordinating the financial and intellectual resources of its members, it can undertake programmes and activities far beyond the scope of any single European country.
Learn more: http://www.esa.int/