ESA is looking for a Contracts Officer.
• Preparing requests for offers/invitations to tender;
• Participating in the evaluation of offers and tenders;
• Preparing and negotiating the resulting contracts;
• Participating in monitoring the execution of the contracts;
• Dealing with administrative, contractual, legal and industrial problems arising from the procurements concerned;
• Maintain close liaison with the initiating services technically responsible for the projects with which they are concerned, advising them on all procurement-related matters.
• At least 5 years professional experience in a public administration, international organisation or private industry;
• Knowledge of the procurement environment in which an international organisation operates;
• Knowledge of the ESA institutional framework, policies and programmes;
• Mastering the analysis, drafting and presentation of complex contracts and/or of international public law instruments;
• Knowledge of the European and international space sector (institutional, commercial and/or industrial);
• Cost structures and financial processes;
• Negotiation skills;
• Ability to engage with senior stakeholders;
• Capacity to identify priorities and adjust them as required;
• Ability to understand and formulate contractual/legal texts in both the official languages of the Agency (French and English);
• Ability to understand issues of a technical nature.
A Master’s Degree preferably in law, economics or from a business school is required.
For a complete job description and to apply, click on “apply”.
If you require support with your application due to a disability, please email email@example.com.
Please note that applications are only considered from nationals of one of the following States: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and Canada, Latvia and Slovenia.
The European Space Agency (ESA) is an equal opportunities employer that offers competitive salaries exempt from national income tax and excellent employment conditions, such as allowances for expatriates and relocation support.
For more information: http://www.esa.int/About_Us/Careers_at_ESA
The European Space Agency (ESA) is Europe’s gateway to space. Its mission is to shape the development of Europe’s space capability and ensure that investment in space continues to deliver benefits to the citizens of Europe and the world. ESA is an international organisation with 22 Member States. By coordinating the financial and intellectual resources of its members, it can undertake programmes and activities far beyond the scope of any single European country.
Learn more: http://www.esa.int/