ESA is looking for a Project Controller.
Your first assignment will be to the Lunar Gateway ESPRIT(*) Project, one of the two major European contributions to the Gateway, developed with NASA and other international partners.
In your role you will be and direct interface of the project to the ESA corporate control, finance and procurement and with industrial contractors on all matters in their domains of activity.
You will support the project manager with respect to all activities related to project cost, schedule and risk as well as project management processes and administrative functions, and to providing the reporting to the Business Unit Controller as needed for the Directorate’s internal and external reporting.
You will assume key responsibilities in the preparation, procurement and monitoring of complex procurements, from tendering to contract closure, and in management, financial and planning aspects. This involves multiple interfaces inside and outside ESA, including negotiations with industrial contractors and a key role in supporting project manager(s) in the programmatic decision-making.
• Preparing, developing and maintaining the overall programmatic aspects of the project/missions, including space segment, payload, launch, ground segment and Agency-provided services. The programmatic aspects include cost, finance, schedule, logistics, configuration, documentation, progress control and geographical return, as well as general project administration;
• Implementing and operating planning and control procedures to provide full visibility over the progress of all activities using established procedures and information systems; this includes maintenance in the ESA ERP system of project-related data;
• Supporting inventory control and asset management for the assigned projects;
• Assisting in the preparation of tender documents with respect to cost, management and schedule / planning requirements and participating in the evaluation of proposals;
• Preparing information required for subsequent contract negotiations and participating in all tasks related to the placing of contracts, including negotiations with industry;
• Supporting the closure of industrial contracts and the financial year closure exercise;
• Implementing, within the framework of the Agency-wide risk management policy, risk management procedures and identifying potential problem areas therein, proposing mitigation actions and preparing risk reports as required;
• Supporting the organisation of project reviews and participating in reviews in the areas of project control related responsibilities;
• Participating in the establishment and maintenance of the Directorate’s project control procedures and computerised information systems;
• Supporting the Project Control Team Leader as required.
• Understanding of the relevant ESA procurement regulations;
• Cost and financial regulatory framework, including accounting standards and auditing;
• Understanding of space system architectures;
• Project and risk management;
• Budgeting, cost control and resources and activities planning;
• Strong analytical and reporting skills.
• Professional experience as a controller in a project or programme, preferably within industry or at an agency;
• Substantial experience is essential in the application of project management and control principles and advanced project control techniques, as well as in the preparation, negotiation and implementation of major industrial procurements;
• Solid work background in the disciplines related to the above tasks, including cost control, resource and activities planning, project management, risk management and procurement regulations;
• Some knowledge and/or understanding of the financial regulatory framework, financial accounting, auditing techniques and space system architectures will be an asset;
• Engineering experience under a project/programme will be considered an asset.
A Master’s degree in engineering or business administration is required.
For a complete job description and to apply, click on “apply”.
If you require support with your application due to a disability, please email email@example.com.
Please note that applications are only considered from nationals of one of the following States: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and Canada, Latvia and Slovenia.
The European Space Agency (ESA) is an equal opportunities employer that offers competitive salaries exempt from national income tax and excellent employment conditions, such as allowances for expatriates and relocation support.
For more information: http://www.esa.int/About_Us/Careers_at_ESA
The European Space Agency (ESA) is Europe’s gateway to space. Its mission is to shape the development of Europe’s space capability and ensure that investment in space continues to deliver benefits to the citizens of Europe and the world. ESA is an international organisation with 22 Member States. By coordinating the financial and intellectual resources of its members, it can undertake programmes and activities far beyond the scope of any single European country.
Learn more: http://www.esa.int/