ESA is looking for a Commercial Partnership Engineer.
This post is for a limited duration of 4 years non-renewable and is classified A2-A4 on the Coordinated Organisations’ salary scale.
• Maintaining and promoting the ESA call for Commercial Partnerships contributing to the delivery of the European Space Exploration Envelope Programme (E3P);
• Leading the maintenance and implementation of the end-to-end process for selecting and maturing Commercial Partners for ISS and post-ISS platforms;
• Acting as secretary of the Commercial Partnership Evaluation Board;
• Managing assigned Commercial Partnerships and acting as secretary of the Commercial Partnership Steering Committees;
• Leading the implementation of the ESA internal process for evaluating commercial utilisation proposals for ISS and non-ISS research platforms, including presentation of related proposals to the ESA internal Utilisation Implementation Board (UIB);
• Supporting the preparation of related documents for PB-HME, EUB and IPC and leading the preparation of the annual status report on the Commercial partnership initiative;
• Supporting further development of the commercialisation framework for the delivery of E3P.
• Ability and demonstrated experience in defining and successfully implementing innovation strategies;
• Multidisciplinary knowledge of area of responsibility;
• Knowledge of commercial aspects within the space domains, “NewSpace” technologies, methods and markets.
A Master’s degree in engineering, science, economic or business administration is required.
Candidates are further required to have extensive knowledge of:
• European and international space exploration programmes;
• Existing and future markets for research and applications in space;
• Relevant European and international industrial “NewSpace“ landscape;
• Relevant past and present business success stories and failures;
• Experience in developing and or evaluating business plans, as well as a proven track-record of successfully managing innovation projects and initiatives and establishing strategic partnerships.
For a complete job description and to apply, click on “apply”.
If you require support with your application due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that applications are only considered from nationals of one of the following States: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and Canada, Latvia and Slovenia.
The European Space Agency (ESA) is an equal opportunities employer that offers competitive salaries exempt from national income tax and excellent employment conditions, such as allowances for expatriates and relocation support.
For more information: http://www.esa.int/About_Us/Careers_at_ESA
The European Space Agency (ESA) is Europe’s gateway to space. Its mission is to shape the development of Europe’s space capability and ensure that investment in space continues to deliver benefits to the citizens of Europe and the world. ESA is an international organisation with 22 Member States. By coordinating the financial and intellectual resources of its members, it can undertake programmes and activities far beyond the scope of any single European country.
Learn more: http://www.esa.int/