ESA is looking for a Head of Applications Technical Capabilities Section.
• Managing a team of ESA staff, contractors and partners in accordance with the objectives of the Division and the IT department;
• Ensuring availability of the technical capabilities required to support Application Services;
• Coordinating the resources required to achieve the goals of the Application Services Division;
• Being responsible for analysing and developing the processes to enable the MS Office 365 Power platform;
• Organising a turnkey service offering for web development and hosting capabilities;
• Developing a mobile application competence centre for ESA-wide and corporate business applications;
• Monitoring technology trends and identifying key skills necessary to build up appropriate delivery teams;
• Providing regular and comprehensive status and progress reports, covering scope, cost, schedule and quality, to the Head of Division and Department management, as required;
• Providing expert support to business counterparts and operations, as required;
• Ensuring quality compliance, as per QMS procedures, and managing projects according to the methodology adopted.
• Project and technical management;
• Messaging, collaboration and document management systems;
• Computer systems engineering;
• Information security technology;
• Knowledge of ESA corporate IT services;
• Knowledge of corporate information systems.
You should have a Master’s degree in computer science and/or management.
• Highly methodical approaches to work and strong planning abilities, as well as excellent written and spoken communication skills are required;
• Keeping a keen eye on technology (technology watch) and technical experimentation;
• Potential to manage individuals or a team [of experts] [in a project or R&D setting];
• Ability to organise their activities and ensure a motivating work environment;
• Strong leadership capabilities, with proven relationship management and communication skills;
• Ability to drive their team’s performance, developing their people by encouraging learning, delegating responsibility and giving regular and constructive feedback;
• Strong problem-solving skills to deal with day-to-day operational challenges, together with demonstrated planning and organisational skills;
• Strong results orientation with the ability to set priorities and present practical solutions both orally and in writing;
• Ability to manage challenging situations proactively and constructively and to be customer focused;
Previous people management experience is an asset for the position, as is international experience, i.e. outside the candidate’s home country, as well as experience in diverse functional areas relevant to the activities of ESA.
For a complete job description and to apply, click on “apply”.
If you require support with your application due to a disability, please email email@example.com.
Please note that applications are only considered from nationals of one of the following States: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and Canada, Latvia and Slovenia.
The European Space Agency (ESA) is an equal opportunities employer that offers competitive salaries exempt from national income tax and excellent employment conditions, such as allowances for expatriates and relocation support.
For more information: http://www.esa.int/About_Us/Careers_at_ESA
The European Space Agency (ESA) is Europe’s gateway to space. Its mission is to shape the development of Europe’s space capability and ensure that investment in space continues to deliver benefits to the citizens of Europe and the world. ESA is an international organisation with 22 Member States. By coordinating the financial and intellectual resources of its members, it can undertake programmes and activities far beyond the scope of any single European country.
Learn more: http://www.esa.int/