Field(s) of expertise
About this job
We are looking for a Content Writer to join our team currently supporting EUMETSAT with their website and social media channels, as well as their intranet. EUMETSAT’s website and social media channels are important portals for communication of EUMETSAT activities and serve a variety of target audiences; its intranet in turn serves as the main portal for internal communication within the organisation.
- Write, develop and upload content for EUMETSAT’s intranet, website, and Science Blog
- Write, publish and maintain static content on the intranet
- Act as back-up for other website and intranet content publishers
- Help to manage and moderate EUMETSAT’s online social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
- Develop a content calendar and social media plans and enact them
- Support writing/social media tasks during key EUMETSAT activities (launches, events, etc.)
Required Skills and Experience
- A relevant university degree
- Excellent writing skills. Experience working with scientific and/or technical content would be an asset.
- Fluency in English
- Proofreading skills
- A thorough understanding and practical experience of the following:
- Writing for the online audience
- Online social media services (such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc.)
- Web content layout and imagery selection
- Web content delivery methods and standards
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of the following products would be considered an advantage:
- Adobe Creative Suite (including Photoshop, Illustrator & Dreamweaver)
- Digital marketing strategy knowledge/experience
- Please submit some writing examples with your application.
- This position is a temporary replacement.