Field(s) of expertise
Marketing and Sales
About this job
Asia Satellite Telecommunications Company Limited (AsiaSat) has been Asia’s premier satellite operator since it was established in 1988. Our excellent market access, superior technologies and commitment to both customer service and long-term partnerships have allowed us to achieve a market leader position, enjoying industry recognition over the years. Our accomplishments and proven expertise in satellite operations are driven by decades of innovative leadership and insight into leading edge technologies and market developments in Asia.
We offer attractive remuneration package to the right candidate.
AsiaSat is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.
This position is responsible for the planning process to maximize the utilization of AsiaSat capacity and products. Leveraging data analysis, the focus is on understanding, analyzing and communicating network performance to drive network optimization. Improve the forecast process in close coordination with product and sales. This position will require autonomous work, coordination of cross-functional projects and accountability for communicating decisions and analyses to various stakeholders within the company.
- Identify solutions when contention for inventory arises and alternatives to support capacity allocation decisions
- Support optimal allocation of services based on role strategy, application and operating environment suitability
- Assist with the technical feasibility evaluation and recommend grooming and/or beam re-points in coordination within solutions engineer and sales
- Support the implementation of tactical & strategic grooming projects to optimize utilization of satellite capacity
- Identify alternatives for resolution of operational issues related to health, configuration and interference on assigned satellites
- Design and implement forecast models to assess impact on inventory of service offerings
- Maintain accuracy of commercial/allocation loading in inventory systems. Resolve inconsistencies through coordination with Sales and Operations departments
- Support the optimization and/or maintain the operating environment to derive the highest performance for our assets
- Support the Operations Department to resolve interference events, which affects customer services or impair inventory for sale
- Assist in the development of assigned satellite transition plans for existing and future satellites including commercial and strategic recommendations for continuation/non-renewal of services
- Support Sales in sourcing of cost effective terrestrial networks solutions, ensuring proper and timely contract execution and renewal
- Bachelor degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering / Communications or related discipline
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience in satellite industry capacity management
- In-depth knowledge of satellite transmission analysis and optimization and strong knowledge in terrestrial infrastructure and satellite design an advantage
- Knowledge of analytic programming languages and data visualization tools (VBA and MS Excel)
- Strong project management experience, able to effectively manage competing priorities and handle multiple projects independently
- Proven ability to build strong, cohesive partnerships and work effectively with people in various background and levels in the organization
- Excellent communication, facilitation, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Independent, a good team player with open, positive, proactive and flexible attitude
- More experience will be considered as Manager, Capacity Management