ESA is looking for a Ground Segment Product Assurance Engineer.
• Establishing and maintaining the particular project PA&S requirements baseline for the Galileo ground segments in compliance with ESA’s general PA&S policy;
• Reviewing contractors’ plans, specifications and efforts proposed for the execution of the project PA&S programme;
• Guiding and monitoring the implementation of PA&S requirements by contractors in order to assess performance/effectiveness, participating in design reviews and managing the necessary preventive or corrective actions;
• Representing ESA on the boards established within the project for dealing with of non-conformances, failure reviews, test reviews, etc.;
• Ensuring implementation of the software PA and software configuration management requirements baseline across the Galileo ground segments;
• Monitoring integration and test activities with quality assurance audits, mandatory and key inspection points, test witnessing and configuration inspections;
• Supporting the definition of the formal acceptance requirements and conduct of acceptance reviews of all contractual deliverable items;
• Ensuring the preparation of design trade-offs, analyses and reports using RAMS (Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety) data to support project decisions;
• Supporting security activities for ground segments as appropriate;
• Participating in periodic meetings with the parent organisational unit and contributing to the transfer of technical knowledge and lessons learned across the Agency.
• Knowledge of Quality Management, Product Assurance and Safety disciplines;
• Experience in the management and monitoring of industrial activities, including participation in reviews;
• Project support experience in a relevant domain;
• Experience with Space Quality Standards and their preparation and implementation;
• Experience with the design, development and application of product assurance tools and methods.
A Master’s degree in an engineering discipline is required.
You should have a background in space systems. Experience in the management of PA for a large project is required, together with a good knowledge of software and RAMS engineering techniques, preferably in the domain of aerospace development. Experience in the security domain is an asset.
You must also be eligible for security clearance by your national security administration.
For a complete job description and to apply, click on “apply”.
If you require support with your application due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that applications are only considered from nationals of one of the following States: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and Canada, Latvia and Slovenia.
The European Space Agency (ESA) is an equal opportunities employer that offers competitive salaries exempt from national income tax and excellent employment conditions, such as allowances for expatriates and relocation support.
For more information: http://www.esa.int/About_Us/Careers_at_ESA
The European Space Agency (ESA) is Europe’s gateway to space. Its mission is to shape the development of Europe’s space capability and ensure that investment in space continues to deliver benefits to the citizens of Europe and the world. ESA is an international organisation with 22 Member States. By coordinating the financial and intellectual resources of its members, it can undertake programmes and activities far beyond the scope of any single European country.
Learn more: http://www.esa.int/