ESA is looking for a Transformation Officer.
This post is for a limited duration of 4 years (non-renewable) and is classified A2-A4 on the Coordinated Organisations’ salary scale.
• Develop strategies for innovative technologies and will model spin-in/off;
• Foster the timely deployment of innovation in the business of the Directorate, for current and future programmes, in close cooperation with end-users and customers;
• Support the OPS families of missions with relevant knowledge and expertise, as required;
• Contribute to business development and environmental intelligence, keep abreast of and assess the relevance and implications of new technologies and business models, and contribute to related analyses and benchmarking;
• Actively contribute to the development of an innovation ecosystem, and act as Coordinator for selected joint labs with partners and foster cooperation across such labs;
• Participate in the Directorate’s strategic and transformation activities and act as Technical Officer for selected initiatives.
• In-depth knowledge of state-of-the-art technologies and methodologies relevant to the OPS business;
• In-depth knowledge of AI and its applications;
• Knowledge of current and future mission operations trends and needs.
Applicants should have a Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in engineering. Advanced studies at PhD level are a distinct advantage.
Extensive grasp of new technologies relevant to the Directorate’s core business and direct exposure to the mission operations domain and its needs.
For a complete job description and to apply, click on “apply”.
If you require support with your application due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that applications are only considered from nationals of one of the following States: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and Canada, Latvia and Slovenia.
The European Space Agency (ESA) is an equal opportunities employer that offers competitive salaries exempt from national income tax and excellent employment conditions, such as allowances for expatriates and relocation support.
For more information: http://www.esa.int/About_Us/Careers_at_ESA
The European Space Agency (ESA) is Europe’s gateway to space. Its mission is to shape the development of Europe’s space capability and ensure that investment in space continues to deliver benefits to the citizens of Europe and the world. ESA is an international organisation with 22 Member States. By coordinating the financial and intellectual resources of its members, it can undertake programmes and activities far beyond the scope of any single European country.
Learn more: http://www.esa.int/