ESA is looking for a EGNOS System Engineer.
• Following and managing the industrial work packages in EGNOS V3 programmes in the area of system specifications, design and development. This covers industrial supervision, interactions with the prime contractors, and developing subcontractors;
• Interact with the System Performance, System operations and System Security teams to understand the impacts of system design evolutions proposed for V3 and its evolutions;
• Support the EGNOS V3 Principal System Engineer in capturing and synthesising recommendations for system design evolutions provided by EGNOS evolutions studies;
• Support the system Qualification, Safety, Security and Operation engineers in their areas of expertise;
• Maintain a link with the TEC technical teams in ESTEC performing activities in support of the EGNOS Project Office.
• Knowledge on large scale complex ground and space system architecture including interfaces, networks and protocols;
• Knowledge of the main tools usable for model-based systems engineering;
• Systems engineering of software systems.
A Master’s degree in telecommunication, electronic or computer science engineering is required.
A good background in ground/space systems engineering, including several years of experience in these fields are required.
Relevant experience in mission requirement analysis, system design in a multidisciplinary environment (Security, Operations, Performances), in procurement of industrial activities, and in the implementation of security measures in a system composed of critical real-time and partly virtualised non real-time software applications, is also required.
Experience in SBAS, Navigation systems or Safety of Life systems will be considered an asset.
Experience in GNSS-related R&D (e.g. studies of evolutions of augmentation concepts, new services, extended areas or alternative means of dissemination, data flows/signals & services authentication, virtualisation technologies) will also be considered an asset.
For a complete job description and to apply, click on “apply”.
If you require support with your application due to a disability, please email email@example.com.
Please note that applications are only considered from nationals of one of the following States: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and Canada, Latvia and Slovenia.
The European Space Agency (ESA) is an equal opportunities employer that offers competitive salaries exempt from national income tax and excellent employment conditions, such as allowances for expatriates and relocation support.
For more information: http://www.esa.int/About_Us/Careers_at_ESA
The European Space Agency (ESA) is Europe’s gateway to space. Its mission is to shape the development of Europe’s space capability and ensure that investment in space continues to deliver benefits to the citizens of Europe and the world. ESA is an international organisation with 22 Member States. By coordinating the financial and intellectual resources of its members, it can undertake programmes and activities far beyond the scope of any single European country.
Learn more: http://www.esa.int/