Field(s) of expertise
Procurement and Legal Product and Quality Assurance
About this job
Job title: Contracts & Compliance Manager to £55k +benefits
Reports to: Global Sales Director
Overview of the Role:
My client is a world-class Brand Activation Management (BAM) platform founded in mainland Europe but now also in the UK, and USA. They have been successful in selling to and servicing global organisations such as AstraZeneca, BP, Cargill, Capital One, Citi, Credit Suisse, Goldman Sachs, HSBC, IBM, Mars, McKinsey & Co., Pfizer, PwC, UiPath and Unilever.
As the Contracts and Compliance Manager you will provide support in the areas of contract drafting, negotiation, policy/legal compliance, contract/document administration, process management and other contractual/compliance matters that arise. Working alongside the operations, security and data protection teams you will support the Sales and Customer Success teams to help achieve the goal of increasing income across the business.
My client has ambitious expansion plans and this role will require energy and drive to help achieve them; it is pivotal to the future success of the growth of the business in terms of their contractual, legal and commercial obligations.
- Prepare, review, revise, interpret, and negotiate broad range of both inbound and outbound technology agreements (including SaaS licensing agreements, renewals, reseller, partnership & referral agreements, statements of work, NDAs) – the Contracts & Compliance Manager is the primary point of client contact for contractual matters.
- Assist in management and maintenance of contracts and standard contract templates that streamline the contracting process, minimising conflict with Customers, whilst mitigating risk for the company.
- Assist in development and management of a contract repository and compliance with existing contract terms and conditions, to determine necessity for amendment and/or renewal of contracts.
- Manage and meet internal SLAs and help juggle priorities in a fast-moving environment.
- Identify and promote process-enhancement through gap analysis between existing product policies, procedures and business activities, such as anti-bribery, fraud and corporate social responsibilities.
- Communicate with and provide guidance to management and business units to ensure compliance of contracts and frameworks such as the ISO 27000 series.
- Keep ahead of industry developments.
You will officially be based in Essex at the UK head office, although occasional travel may be necessary for meetings. You will work from home whilst Covid restrictions are in place and then part home, part office on an agreed basis post Covid.
- A number of years experience in this specific type of role
- Experience in using contract management software would be advantageous
- Excellent academic credentials
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sound understanding of data privacy and data security in SaaS
- Positive, ‘can do’ attitude. Hard-working, committed, with a client-service focus in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Able to organise, plan and prioritise work (time management). Highly dependable and able to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates good understanding of industry principles, concepts, practices and standards of contract administration.
- Able to maintain productive work relationships and work collaboratively with legal area specialists to resolve issues.
- Ability to analyse legal risks within contracts and know when appropriate to escalate to legal support for further evaluation or approval
- Work alongside legal both in the risk and safeguarding in the agreement of contracts as well as the fulfilment of producing ongoing contractual documentation
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to work well with peers, all levels of management and external resources. Ability to negotiate with an array of businesses and individuals
- Able to juggle many matters at once and quickly shift from one task to another
- Able to effectively collaborate across teams with an attitude that no job is too big or too small
- Thinking outside the box in confronting new issues and pursuing novel approaches to problems
- Attention to detail, yet comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Takes initiative and accepts personal responsibility
- Strong technical skill set; ability to work effectively with MS Office and/or Google applications
- Experience or knowledge of ISO 27001, ISO 27002, ISO 27005 and ISO 22301 standards
- Other areas of expertise, such as privacy and security (including GDPR), intellectual property, will be considered as highly valuable