ESA is looking for a Solar Cell and Solar Generator Engineer.
Solar Cell and Solar Generator Engineer in the Solar Generators Section, Power Systems, EMC and Space Environments Division, Electrical Department, Directorate of Technology, Engineering and Quality.
The Solar Generators Section provides functional support to ESA projects and carries out technological research (R&D) on space solar cells, space photovoltaics and space solar generators.
The scope includes parts, materials, processes and technologies, electrical and mechanical design, development, manufacturing, integration, testing and in-orbit performance evaluation. Within this domain of competence, the Section also runs laboratory activities for characterisation and qualification of solar cells, photovoltaic assemblies and solar panels, including problem investigation. In addition, it contributes to the definition of standards on solar cells, photovoltaic assemblies and solar generators.
You will report to the Head of Section and, within the technical fields described above, your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
Your duties may also include supporting other activities within your field of competence.
• General background and specific experience in the technical domains covered by the position
• Hands-on hardware experience;
• Experience in the development and verification of space hardware;
• Project support experience in a relevant domain;
• Understanding of related technologies, R&D trends and the industrial landscape;
• Experience in laboratory activities and management;
• Experience in the preparation of procurement activities for technology development and innovation (statements of work, proposal evaluation, etc);
• Experience in the management and monitoring of industrial activities, including participation in reviews;
• Experience with Space Engineering Standards and their preparation and implementation.
A Master’s degree in physics or electrical engineering is required. Preference will be given to applicants with a PhD on space photovoltaic topics.
The following are considered assets:
For a complete job description and to apply, click on “apply”.
The closing date for applications is 15 December 2020.
If you require support with your application due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that applications are only considered from nationals of one of the following States: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and Canada, Latvia and Slovenia.
The European Space Agency (ESA) is an equal opportunities employer that offers competitive salaries exempt from national income tax and excellent employment conditions, such as allowances for expatriates and relocation support.
For more information: http://www.esa.int/About_Us/Careers_at_ESA
The European Space Agency (ESA) is Europe’s gateway to space. Its mission is to shape the development of Europe’s space capability and ensure that investment in space continues to deliver benefits to the citizens of Europe and the world. ESA is an international organisation with 22 Member States. By coordinating the financial and intellectual resources of its members, it can undertake programmes and activities far beyond the scope of any single European country.
Learn more: http://www.esa.int/