Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance Marketing and Sales
About this job
Space Applications Services is a company based in the Brussels area (BE) that provides products and services for the space sector in many areas from Avionics, Robotics, Human Exploration, Science and Earth Observation.
The Marketing, Sales and Business development activities of the company are performed in Belgium. To ensure a close link between our Netherlands R&D office and the commercial activities of the company, the Intern will be based in our R&D office in Noordwijk, the Netherlands with potential visits to the Belgian office.
The internship position is as part of the International Commercial Experiment Service (ICE Cubes) Team to support the Sales Analysis and Business flight opportunities to the International Space Station (ISS).
The ICE Cubes Team promotes and sells flight opportunities to research organisations, industries, space agencies, academia and educational organisations.
The intern will support the day-to-day activities of ICE Cubes Sales Analysis and Business Application Study, including:
- Supporting the definition and implementation of sales and business strategy
- Identifying high-potential markets for space flight opportunities
- Preparing and executing business campaigns
- Following up leads and supporting the conversion of leads into opportunities
- Analysing the results of campaigns
- Participating in promotional events
- Using Customer Relationship Management software tool
Main Relevant Qualifications and Experience
- Enrolment in the third year (or higher) of the following studies: Business Management/Engineering, Marketing or equivalent
- Knowledge of or first experience with:
- Business and Marketing analysis/strategy
- Market identification and analysis
- At ease with and interested in technical, scientific and space engineering aspects.
The successful intern will have the following skills
- An innovative mindset and pro-active & flexible attitude
- Ability to adhere to strict standards of confidentiality
- Strength to cope with schedules and deadlines
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Ability to write in a formal way and summarise information in English.
What Do We Offer?
- A challenging scope of work of business space flight opportunities in an emerging market to Customers worldwide
- An experience in a growing company in the space industry, with Staff located in Belgium, Germany and the Netherlands
- A professional, pleasant atmosphere with motivated and passionate Staff, where autonomy and initiatives are encouraged
- Under certain conditions, a monthly lump sum allowance.
The successful candidate shall be eligible to do an internship in the European Union.
We are looking for someone to be available for a 5-6 months’ internship, to start as soon as possible.