Field(s) of expertise
Aerospace Engineering Electronics Engineering
About this job
For our customer, the European Space Agency (ESA), we are seeking an experienced space Radio Navigation Engineer to work at ESA’s ESTEC site in Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
You will be assigned to ESA/ESTEC’s Commercial User Segment & Navigation System Validation Section in the Directorate of Technical and Quality Management (D/TEC).
The work includes evaluation, design and analysis of ground and user segments’ technology for radio navigation and earth observation systems. The principal tasks and responsibilities will include:
- (main task) Support to the monitoring of industrial contracts for the development of professional and commercial ground/user products for radio navigation and earth observation through ESA’s co-funded R&D programs (e.g. GSTP Element 2, NAVISP and Incubed);
- Support to Navigation Projects (e.g. EGNOS and GALILEO), R&D and Testing activities in the fields of system and mainly receivers’ performances for sensor stations and user receivers;
- Support to earth observation projects mainly for the ground technology;
- Support to D/TEC Navigation Laboratory for the design, implementation and operation of complex testing setups.
This is a full-time position located at ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
The requested start of work is February 2021 or as soon as possible thereafter.
The successful candidate shall have:
- A Master degree or PhD in Telecommunications, Electronic Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or Computer Science.
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience in telecommunications and signal processing or electronic engineering, including direct experience on GNSS and Earth Observation;
- Proven knowledge of project management techniques, system engineering processes, system development lifecycle (e.g. V model), project execution and follow up;
- Specific knowledge on products and services using space borne earth observation in the ground and user segments;
- Specific knowledge on Satellite Radio Navigation Systems, ranging and positioning techniques and technologies, including architectures of multi-GNSS receivers, high accuracy positioning (RTK, PPP) and robust positioning, navigation and timing;
- Experience in the implementation, maintenance and operation of complex Radio Navigation processing, simulation and test facilities for spacecraft, aircraft, maritime and land mobile applications;
The following competencies would be considered an asset:
- Proven knowledge and hands-on experience on processing and testing techniques for multi-element antennas (beamforming, antenna calibration);
- Experience in the field of autonomous vehicles, in particular related to positioning and testing techniques and safety standards;
- Knowledge on Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning and their applications to radio navigation and/or earth observation.
Note: Candidates must be eligible for security clearance from their national security administration.
What can Terma Offer?
At Terma, we consider skilled employees, enthusiasm and job satisfaction as the very foundation of our success and as a prerequisite for the development of the “best-in-class” solutions that Terma provides. We lead the way in applying new technology, offering a wide range of growth opportunities for each individual and emphasizing mutual respect across the board in our workplace.
Terma offers you a pleasant working environment at the customer site, where you will be able to take on challenging tasks and responsibilities in a highly professional company.
- Great opportunities for training and personal development
- Challenges in advanced technical environment
- International and cosmopolitan working atmosphere
- An employment contract with an attractive package with extra-legal benefits
- Highly competitive salary
- Support on re-location (if applicable)
Recruitment is depending on successful selection by the customer.
To ensure that your application will reach us and is properly processed please apply through our career page:
Include an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and a Cover Letter highlighting your background and expertise as well as earliest date of availability.
For further information, please contact Mr. Simon Mills
by telephone [+31 6 2326 2398] or by email [firstname.lastname@example.org].
Closing date: January 24th 2021
Please note the following Legal & Security requirements:
- Applicants must hold all appropriate permits to work in the EU.
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their ID/passport and degree/higher education certificate. Terma will validate the certificate with the issuing authority.
- In line with ESA security requirements, an official Certificate of Good Conduct (or equivalent) and employment reference checks will be required at commencement of employment. Please attach a copy of any reference letters with your application if you have them.
This Privacy Notice covers any personal data you submit to Terma for the recruiting process, including e.g.:
- Your name, contact details and application status
- Information included in your CV or cover letter, such as job history, academic background, skills and competencies, personal interests, languages spoken, and your photo
- Job preferences and type of employment sought
- Names and contact details for references