Please submit your application by 13/05/2021 11:59 (Prague time)
The only means of submitting an application for this vacancy is through the GSA e-recruitment portal https://www.gsa.europa.eu/gsa/jobs-opportunities
The European GNSS Agency is looking for a Security Risk Engineer(s) who will report to the Head of the Security Department or his/her assignee(s). The role of the Security Risk Engineer will be to prepare the security accreditation files (including the security risk analysis) for the submission to the accreditor of the relevant authorisation requests.
For more information on the GSA and the European satellite navigation programmes, click here.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The jobholder will be entrusted with the following tasks and responsibilities:
– Analyse security risks, define associated risks, propose mitigation actions and security measures, and follow up on their implementation;
– Follow up the tasks performed by the system developers and operators within the preparation of the security accreditation files and security risk analysis for the different components;
– Support the security accreditation process of the components, including the definition and implementation of the relevant framework for the new components;
– Provide security support to the preparation of the security accreditation files for the components: their services, systems, operations and sites;
– Maintain the schedule of the accreditation activities;
– Support the development, review and continuous update of the security baseline of the different components along their lifetime and different milestones, ensuring that the related security documentation is properly maintained;
– Support the procurements of the Agency which have implications in the security accreditation processes of the components (e.g. site hosting, infrastructure and operations) and assess the impact of changes to the security baseline;
– Monitor the implementation of the security accreditation baseline;
– Contribute to the establishment and continuous update of the Statement of Compliance to the applicable security requirements, its impact in the associated security accreditation file and follow-up by corresponding actions;
– Draft technical notes and reports and participate to technical reviews related to security accreditation aspects;
– Participate to on-site security audits/visits of the ground stations of the different components when necessary;
– Interact with Member States Local Security Accreditation Authorities (LSAA) in the frame of the Security Accreditation Process and of the Critical Infrastructure Management Process;
– Provide technical support to the European Commission for the activities of the different Security Boards and associated Working Groups;
– Liaise with the other teams of the Agency and provide security engineering support upon request and according to their needs.
The selection procedure is open to applicants who satisfy the following eligibility criteria, on the closing date for application:
– A level of education which corresponds to completed university studies attested by a diploma when the normal period of university education is four years or more
– A level of education which corresponds to completed university studies attested by a diploma and at least one year of appropriate professional experience when the normal period of university education is three years
– In addition to the above, appropriate professional experience of at least six years after obtaining the required diploma
– Be a national of a Member State of the European Union
– Be entitled to his or her full rights as citizen
– Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws concerning military service
– Meet the character requirements for the duties involved
– Have a thorough knowledge of one of the languages of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another language of the European Union to the extent necessary for the performance of his/her duties
– Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post.
Temporary agents (2f) from GSA and other EU agencies, in grade AD7 or AD8, are also invited to apply in accordance with the following GSA rules: https://www.gsa.europa.eu/sites/default/files/conditions_of_employment_of_temporary_staff_ta.pdf
All eligible applications, according to the afore-mentioned criteria, will be assessed against the requirements listed below solely based on the information provided by the candidates in their application.
The Selection Board responsible for this selection will determine the criteria to be assessed in the various phases of the selection procedure (assessment of the application forms, interview and written test) prior to being granted access to the names of the applicants. All essential criteria will be assessed during the applications evaluation phase.
Non-compliance with any of the essential criteria may result in the exclusion of the candidate from the selection process. Advantageous criteria constitute additional assets and will not result in exclusion, if not fulfilled.
When filling the online application, candidates are expected to clearly include elements that demonstrate that their profile matches the requirements below.