Field(s) of expertise
About this job
For our customer, the European Space Agency (ESA), we are seeking an experienced RF Test Technician to work at ESA’s ESTEC site in Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
You will be assigned to ESA/ESTEC’s Radio Frequency Equipment & Technology Section within the Directorate of Technology, Engineering and Quality.
The Payload System Division, of which the Section is part of, maintains a number of RF Systems, Payload and Technology Laboratories. These are used as engineering tools to support the research activities of the Division and ESA projects in the following areas:
- Microwave technologies (from below 1 GHz to beyond 100 GHz).
- RF High Power subsystems and techniques.
- Navigation payloads and Receivers technologies.
- Remote Sensing payloads and Calibration transponders Technologies.
- Communication Payloads (TT&C, Digital and secure) Technologies.
As “Operation & Maintenance of RF Payloads Systems & Antenna Measurement Technician”, you will be responsible for supporting these laboratories in the following:
- Assist with the integration, configuration and running of RF test set-ups for evaluating the performance of RF subsystems or instruments for space application such as:
- Atomic Clocks and Time and Frequency Test beds.
- Navigation payloads
- Linear and Non-linear characterisation of subsystems/devices.
- Life limited RF payload equipment.
- PIM performance, multipactor performance and high-power evaluation.
- Remote sensing space born radar Calibration transponders.
- TT&C and Communication test beds.
- Development of software (using VEE and/or Lab View) for automated testing, control and monitoring of RF performance.
- MIC/MMIC integration using dedicated equipment such as wire and ribbon bonding machines, eutectic die bonding and testing using on wafer probing station.
- General laboratory support such as, general maintenance activities, calibration of the laboratory equipment, upgrade of test facilities, replacement of consumables, design of mechanical housings, thermal plates and test jigs for RF circuits, etc.
- Maintain up to date the RF equipment inventory list and control of lent out equipment.
- Organisation and maintenance of laboratory library, which includes operating manuals, test reports and general documentation.
This is a full-time position located at ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
The requested start of work is July 2021 or as soon as possible thereafter.
The successful candidate shall have:
- A Technical Degree (BSc, Diploma or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, RF Engineer, or similar.
- At least 4 years relevant professional working experience, ideally including some of which within the space industry.
- A strong background in the preparation of RF test setups, integration and testing of RF Equipment (Active, Passive, time/frequency references) and RF Payloads.
- Good experience with LabView/Vee Pro and tools for automated testing, control and monitoring of RF performance.
- Good working knowledge of Thermal Vacuum chambers/systems is required.
- Experience in maintenance and calibration of general RF laboratory test equipment and instrumentation.
- Good English language skills.
What can Terma Offer?
At Terma, we consider skilled employees, enthusiasm and job satisfaction as the very foundation of our success and as a prerequisite for the development of the “best-in-class” solutions that Terma provides. We lead the way in applying new technology, offering a wide range of growth opportunities for each individual and emphasizing mutual respect across the board in our workplace.
Terma offers you a pleasant working environment at the customer site, where you will be able to take on challenging tasks and responsibilities in a highly professional company.
- Great opportunities for training and personal development
- Challenges in advanced technical environment
- International and cosmopolitan working atmosphere
- An employment contract with an attractive package with extra-legal benefits
- Highly competitive salary
- Support on re-location (if applicable)
Recruitment is depending on successful selection by the customer.
To ensure that your application will reach us and is properly processed please apply through the ‘Apply’ link below. Include an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and a Cover Letter highlighting your background and expertise as well as earliest date of availability:
For further information, please contact Mr. Simon Mills
by telephone [+31 6 2326 2398] or by email [firstname.lastname@example.org].
Closing date: June 4th 2021
Please note the following Legal & Security requirements:
- Applicants must hold all appropriate permits to work in the EU.
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their ID/passport and degree/higher education certificate. Terma will validate the certificate with the issuing authority.
- In line with ESA security requirements, an official Certificate of Good Conduct (or equivalent) and employment reference checks will be required at commencement of employment. Please attach a copy of any reference letters with your application if you have them.