Field(s) of expertise
Space Systems Engineering
About this job
We are recruiting Data Processing Engineers for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (EUMETSAT) with an emphasis on maintenance and evolutions of level 0, level 1, and level 2 near real-time data processing. These positions are expected to start in February 2022.
We are also open to candidates without EO / space experience: Check out our software engineering position at EUMETSAT
Location: Germany, Darmstadt, EUMETSAT
Contract duration: Permanent
- Define, design, implement and integrate architectures or elements of architectures for data processing ground segments and their components, with special emphasis on level 0, level 1, and level 2 near real-time data processing;
- Maintain and evolve existing operational data processing ground segments applications or application components especially for those under configuration control;
- Expert advice to the procurement and installation of software, and the co-ordination of software releases with external providers of support services;
- Generate formal project documentation;
- Participation in meetings and formal reviews.
- Master’s in engineering
- Experience with operational Earth Observation science data processing;
- Knowledge of space industry relevant standards, quality assurance and configuration management principles and applications;
- Excellent technical writing skills, in particular in the area of formal technical documentation, e.g. requirements, design documentation, test procedures, maintenance procedures
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and team working.
- Capability to be independent and to adapt to a rapidly changing, often stressful environment is also essential
- Experience in at least some of the below:
- Requirements management experience, using DOORS.
- Experience with change management processes.
- Competence in software testing, unit test suite maintenance, automated testing, verification and validation.
- Operating and maintaining software systems in Linux, AIX, and Solaris.
- C++/C programming languages experience in Linux, AIX, and Solaris environments.
- Software debugging, memory X X analysis, and profiling
- Understanding of, and experience with, git and gitlab, and svn.
- Understanding experience with, of, and software packaging, CMake, building and specifically make, RPM.
- Competence in the use of scripting languages (e.g., bash, shell, Perl) and high-level languages (e.g., Python, Java)
- Fortran programming language experience in Linux.
- Use of and application programming of database systems in PostgreSQL and MySQL.
- Experience in network programming, both TCP/IP and UDP/I
- Experience in using Python libraries and tools, such as Matplotlib, NumPy, Django and accessing sql databases from Python.