Field(s) of expertise
Software Engineering Space Systems Engineering
About this job
We are recruiting Software Engineers for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (EUMETSAT). The Software Engineers will be involved in the development, maintenance, and evolution of the near real-time data processing systems. Space industry experience is not required for this position, but experience with complex architectures and (near) real-time data processing systems (or similar) is expected. These positions are expected to start in February 2022.
Do you have EO / space ground segment data processing experience? Have a look at this position.
Location: Germany, Darmstadt, EUMETSAT
Contract duration: Permanent
- Support the definition, design, implementation and integration of architecture or elements of architecture for data processing ground segments and their components with special emphasis on level 0, level 1, and level 2 near real-time data processing;
- Maintain and evolve existing operational data processing ground segments applications or application components, especially for those under configuration control;
- Advise on the procurement and installation of software, and the co-ordination of software releases with external providers of support services;
- Generate formal project documentation;
- Participation in meetings and formal reviews.
- Master’s in engineering
- Experience in the development, integration, verification, and validation of software systems with complex architectures, ideally in (near) real-time data processing systems.
- Experience working within industry standards, quality assurance and configuration management principles and applications (ECSS, DO, MIL, ED, SWAL, etc);
- Excellent technical writing skills, in particular in the area of formal technical documentation, e.g. requirements, design documentation, test procedures, maintenance procedures
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and team working.
- Capability to be independent and to adapt to a rapidly changing, often stressful environment is also essential
- Experience in at least some of the below:
- Requirements management experience, ideally in DOORS.
- Experience with change management processes.
- Competence in software testing, unit test suite maintenance, automated testing, verification and validation.
- Operating and maintaining software systems in Linux, AIX, and Solaris.
- C++/C programming languages experience in Linux, AIX, and Solaris environments.
- Software debugging, memory X X analysis, and profiling
- Understanding of, and experience with, git and gitlab, and svn.
- Understanding experience with, of, and software packaging, CMake, building and specifically make, RPM.
- Competence in the use of scripting languages (e.g., bash, shell, Perl) and high-level languages (e.g., Python, Java)
- Fortran programming language experience in Linux.
- Use of and application programming of database systems in PostgreSQL and MySQL.
- Experience in network programming, both TCP/IP and UDP/I
- Experience in using Python libraries and tools, such as Matplotlib, NumPy, Django and accessing sql databases from Python.