Field(s) of expertise
Product and Quality Assurance
About this job
Please submit your application by 10/06/2021 11:59 (Prague time)
The only means of submitting an application for this vacancy is through the GSA e-recruitment portal https://www.euspa.europa.eu/about/careers-euspa.
ABOUT THE JOB:
The Agency is looking for a Software Product Assurance Officer with solid experience in Software Product Assurance of complex safety-critical systems. He/ She will support the Agency in its role of EU-Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) Exploitation Manager by implementing Product Assurance activities contributing to maintain the delivery of EU-GNSS services certified for Safety-of-Life applications. The jobholder will become a member of the Product Assurance & Configuration Management team within the Project Control (PC) Department. Even though the majority of the PC team members are located in the Agency’s Headquarter in Prague, the job holder shall be located in Toulouse together with the EGNOS Services team and work in close cooperation with colleagues in Prague Headquarters.
The Software Product Assurance Officer will be responsible to:
- Contribute to the establishment, implementation and continuous improvement of the Agency’s Product Assurance organisation, which can encompass the definition of specifications made applicable to activities subcontracted or delegated by the Agency;
- Control that the organisation, resources and processes are commensurate to the Products or Service quality levels committed by internal and external stakeholders involved in the Infrastructure Procurement Processes and Service Provision delivery;
- Ensure that the qualification, approval and certification programmes under EUSPA responsibility (including subcontracted or delegated) are defined, approved, maintained and implemented, conforming to the applicable certification requirements commensurate to their use in Safety-of-Life applications;
- Contribute to the definition of an effective non-conformance control system, and support the documentation, follow-up and closure of anomaly reports and non-conformance reports, including the follow-up of Request for Deviation/Request for Waiver status;
- Ensure the maintenance and control of:
- Qualification Status Lists;
- Status of PA reviews;
- Audits Status Reports;
- List of Deviations and Waiver requests;
- Non-conformances (minor and major) List;
- Critical items List.
- Contribute towards the definition, implementation and follow-up of dependability, reliability and availability of the programme, including maintenance and update of RAMS models and review of RAMS analysis (e.g. FMECA, FTA, Common Mode and Common cause);
- Contribute to the Safety Management System of the Agency and to the certification of Safety-critical EGNSS services and/or organisations (e.g. EGNOS Safety-Of-Life services);
- Liaise with other members of the Agency Exploitation Management team, as well as with external partners such as the European Commission, the European Space Agency or the European Aviation Safety Agency.
Have a level of education which corresponds to completed university studies of at least three years attested by a diploma
Appropriate professional experience of at least three years after having obtained the required diploma
Be a national of a Member State of the European Union
Be entitled to his or her full rights as citizen
Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws concerning military service
Meet the character requirements for the duties involved
Have a thorough knowledge of one of the languages of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another language of the European Union to the extent necessary for the performance of his/her duties
Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post
The selection procedure is open to applicants who satisfy the following eligibility criteria, on the closing date for application:
University degree in the exact sciences, such as engineering, physics, mathematics or computer science;
Experience in Product Assurance and/or RAMS activities;
Excellent command of both written and spoken English;
All eligible applications, according to the afore-mentioned criteria, will be assessed against the requirements listed below.
The Selection Board responsible for this selection will determine the criteria to be assessed in the various phases of the selection procedure (assessment of the application forms, interview and written test) prior to being granted access to the names of the applicants. All essential criteria will be assessed during the applications evaluation phase.
Non-compliance with any of the Essential criteria may result in the exclusion of the candidate from the selection process. Advantageous criteria constitute additional assets and will not result in exclusion, if not fulfilled.
When filling the online application, candidates are expected to include elements that demonstrate that their profile matches the requirements below.
Experience in the development and/or certification of Safety Critical applications;
Experience in the implementation of software development standards for Safety Critical applications;
Experience in the certification of an organisation or a system;
Excellent communication skills with ability to be concise on complex subjects;
Solution-oriented mind-set and collaborative attitude;
Ability to deliver quality results under pressure and prioritise tasks.