Field(s) of expertise
Space Systems Engineering
About this job
Please submit your application by 10/06/2021 11:59 (Prague time)
The only means of submitting an application for this vacancy is through the EUSPA e-recruitment portal https://www.euspa.europa.eu/about/careers-euspa.
ABOUT THE JOB:
The Agency is looking for Systems Engineer(s) of Systems in Operations with experience in Space Systems development. He/she will conduct engineering and development activities, mainly in the ground segment, led by the Agency in its role of EGNSS Exploitation Manager (EGNOS and Galileo) and in the frame of the GOVSATCOM Programme. Depending on his/her assignment, the Systems Engineer/s of Systems in Operations will report to the respective Head of Department.
The jobholder will have the following main tasks and responsibilities:
- Participate in the Agency’s engineering processes for the implementation of systems upgrades;
- Analyse the needs for system evolution activities stemming from the users, system operations, service provision and from the Agency in its role of EU-GNSS Exploitation Manager and in the frame of the GOVSATCOM Programme;
- Define technical specifications made applicable to System Ground Segment design, development, production and maintenance activities subcontracted or delegated by the Agency, review and verify their proper implementation and assess the acceptability of potential deviations to such requirements with respect to the Agency’s objectives;
- Support the definition of an overall System Integration and Verification (I&V) Programme, ensuring consistency between system and segments verification but also between verification and validation activities;
- Define System upgrades deployment/migration plans consistent with service continuity needs;
- Monitor the qualification status, following up on anomalies resolution through the implementation of Work Arounds, fast fixes, mid-term/long-term corrections;
- Maintain the qualification status, assessing any changes with respect to impact on system qualification;
- Participate and represent the Agency in the project review boards (e.g. Change Control Boards, Engineering Boards, Anomaly Review Boards, Requirements or Design Reviews, Qualification Reviews, Acceptance Reviews, Handover Reviews);
- Liaise with other members of the Agency Galileo Services Management team, as well as with external partners such as the European Commission, the European Space Agency, the Service Operator, the Products manufacturers and maintainers;
- Support the Agency’s management as needed.
The position is situated in Prague, Czech Republic with regular missions within Europe (and possible detachment) to other Agency sites.
The selection procedure is open to applicants who satisfy the following eligibility criteria, on the closing date for application:
- A level of education which corresponds to completed university studies attested by a diploma when the normal period of university education is four years or more
A level of education which corresponds to completed university studies attested by a diploma and at least one year of appropriate professional experience when the normal period of university education is three years
- In addition to the above, appropriate professional experience of at least six years after obtaining the required diploma
- Be a national of a Member State of the European Union
- Be entitled to his or her full rights as a citizen
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws concerning military service
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved
- Have a thorough knowledge of one of the languages of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another language of the European Union to the extent necessary for the performance of his/her duties
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post
University degree in the exact sciences, such as engineering, physics, mathematics or computer science;
Experience in space programme(s);
Experience in systems engineering activities;
Excellent command of both written and spoken English;
All eligible applications, according to the afore-mentioned criteria, will be assessed against the requirements listed below solely based on the information provided by the candidates in their application.
The Selection Board responsible for this selection will determine the criteria to be assessed in the various phases of the selection procedure (assessment of the application forms, interview and written test) prior to being granted access to the names of the applicants. All essential criteria will be assessed during the applications evaluation phase.
Non-compliance with any of the essential criteria may result in the exclusion of the candidate from the selection process. Advantageous criteria constitute additional assets and will not result in exclusion, if not fulfilled.
When filling the online application, candidates are expected to clearly include elements that demonstrate that their profile matches the requirements below.
Experience in the technical definition, development, implementation and/or exploitation in space programmes;
Experience in verification and qualification activities;
Excellent communication skills with ability to be concise on complex subjects;
Solution-oriented mindset and collaborative attitude;
Ability to deliver quality results under pressure and prioritise tasks.