Field(s) of expertise
Project and Service Management
About this job
The Operations Manager will report to The Head of Business Operations (HBO), and will work across both the Strategic Facilities management and Operations Facilities management.This is an extremely varied role, where no two days will be the same. It will suit a pro-active experienced Operations Manager, who thrives on a fabulously challenging workload, and does not get phased by having to work in a fast-paced environment.As the primary manager of the facilities, it is envisaged that your role will continually evolve,flexibility and a desire to grow with the company and role is key.
This position is requiring 37.5 hours per week.
Some of your duties will include:
Strategic Facilities Management:
- Management of the performance of Strategic Facilities to ensure they align to internal and external stakeholder/ customer requirements
- Management and creation (working with Catapult teams – Technical & Value Streams)to ensure Frameworks, RACI models, and best practices are implemented – ensuring the smooth operations between customer requirements and support for facilities.
- Management, oversight & cover of L1 operational services, which are expected to grow over the next five years; providing management, structure, and processes of Operational Services, e.g. (https://sa.catapult.org.uk/facilities/sedas/).
- Create and maintain centralised information and resources area for all Facilities;
- working with the Marketing, Impact and Evaluation teams to lead the collation of Facilities/ Operations related information and data
- Providing reports when required by external & internal stakeholders.
- Oversight of the monthly KPIs for the Facilities area.
- Ownership of collating centralised reports on Facilities; ensuring quarterly reports are completed, and information required by the Impact and Evaluation teams (as well as others) are provided when required.
- Assist with Bids that include Facilities to ensure the information and pricing entered is correct.
- Ensure operational support contracts are in place for facilities completely within Operations control.
- Support the Centre Managers to ensure price plans are in place for all assets,ensuring chargeable costs are captured for all services
Operational Facilities Management:
- Operational management of facilities, including the annual budget forecast, and reporting of all centres.
- Line management of the facilities team
- Responsibility of smooth running of all Satellite Applications Catapult Centres (x4) –working with relevant departments to ensure legal compliance for all areas (H&S,Security etc).
- Work across the Operations team to develop, implement and continually improve the departments polices, processes and procedures, ensuring they are realistic,deliverable, and aligned to team’s priorities.
- Create operational models, financial estimates / budgets, facility calculators and transition plans for new/existing facilities and assets.
- Continuously reviewing workloads with the Operations Team, to streamline and ensure support is provided to maximise efficiency across the department.
- Act as the first point of escalation for the Operations Team, to ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner – maintaining business as usual for the Catapults facilities and assets.
- Work with the Finance Department to ensure adequate insurance policies cover is in place for all centres and assets.
- Work with Catapult existing teams (Operations, Security & Risk Management, IT,Infrastructure) to lead (on behalf of operations) the Business Continuity process and ensure adequate cover/plans are in place.
Required Skills and Experience
- Operations Management experience
- Strategic Facilities knowledge/ experience
- Health and Safety related qualification preferred or comprehensive knowledge/experience.
- Soft Facilities Management experience with a can-do attitude and approach to work
- Proactive, and analytical with strong problem-solving skills
- People Leadership, with the ability to lead, negotiate, influence and persuade a variety of external and internal people
- Stakeholder management, self-awareness with the ability to adapt style and approach
- Ability to keep on top of numerous moving parts and take corrective action where necessary
- Collaborative and resilient approach with positive mindset
- Self-motivated, proactive and driven with innovative solutions focus
- Adaptability and versatility to be able to work in an environment of rapid change
- Engaging presentation and content creation to communicate and gain buy in around key messages and proposals
- Knowledge of the space sector advantageous
- Experience with accident & incident investigations.