Field(s) of expertise
Information Technology Software Engineering
About this job
For our customer, the European Space Agency (ESA), we are seeking an experienced Business Intelligence Developer to work at ESA’s European Centre for Space Applications and Telecommunications (ECSAT) on the Harwell science campus, in the UK.
You will be assigned to ESA/ECSAT’s Analysis Centre & Support Service Unit within the Directorate of Telecommunications and Integrated Applications (D/TIA).
The position responsibilities concern the maintenance and development of software tools for managing a large number (>350) of research and development activities over their whole life cycle.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Support the development of business intelligence solutions for internal and external customers and exploring new techniques for visualizing management information.
- Develop dashboards, providing management information with a sound understanding of the needs of the audience.
- Support the legacy systems and suggest options for a migration to a new emerging IT landscape.
- Contribute to the further digitalization of business processes.
- Contribute to the evolution of the TIA Data Warehouse, ensuring that data from different sources is structured, enriched and captures the business logic of the directorate.
- Actively exchange knowledge with team members and/or other IT professionals in ESA and especially within the TIA domain.
- Develop and maintain application documentation (including user guides and software development/maintenance documentation).
- Take responsibility for delivery of timely high-quality results.
This is a full-time position located at ECSAT, on the Harwell science campus, near Oxford in the UK.
The requested start of work is July 2021 or as soon as possible thereafter.
The successful candidate shall have:
- A Master’s level degree in a relevant subject e.g. IT, Software Engineering, Business Management, or equivalent qualification.
- At least 4 years’ experience in software development for business management applications, including practical experience in developing web applications.
- Hands-on experience with Business Analytics Software (e.g, Tableau, Power BI, Python)
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including VBA scripting.
- Experience in collection user requirements, designing dashboards, defining KPI’s.
- Experience with database and Data warehouse architecture (MS SQL server, Datavault Builder) is a distinctive asset.
- Technical knowledge of the following technologies would be a further advantage: SOA, SQL, HTTP/HTTPS Protocol, REST, Email Protocols, LDAP, Unix CLI, HTML, CSS.
- Excellent analytical and planning skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player.
- Customer focus.
- Result-oriented with problem solving capability.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
What can Terma Offer?
At Terma, we consider skilled employees, enthusiasm and job satisfaction as the very foundation of our success and as a prerequisite for the development of the “best-in-class” solutions that Terma provides. We lead the way in applying new technology, offering a wide range of growth opportunities for each individual and emphasizing mutual respect across the board in our workplace.
Terma offers you a pleasant working environment at the customer site, where you will be able to take on challenging tasks and responsibilities in a highly professional company.
- Great opportunities for training and personal development
- Challenges in advanced technical environment
- International and cosmopolitan working atmosphere
- An employment contract with an attractive package with extra-legal benefits
- Highly competitive salary
- Support on re-location (if applicable)
Recruitment is depending on successful selection by the customer.
To ensure that your application will reach us and is properly processed please apply through the ‘Apply’ link below. Include an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and a Cover Letter highlighting your background and expertise as well as earliest date of availability:
For further information, please contact Mr. Simon Mills
by telephone [+31 6 2326 2398] or by email [email@example.com].
Closing date: July 4th, 2021
Please note the following Legal & Security requirements:
- Applicants must hold all appropriate permits to work in the EU.
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their ID/passport and degree/higher education certificate. Terma will validate the certificate with the issuing authority.
- In line with ESA security requirements, an official Certificate of Good Conduct (or equivalent) and employment reference checks will be required at commencement of employment. Please attach a copy of any reference letters with your application if you have them.